Senior Leader - Workplace and Real Estate at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:04 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
We're looking for a strategic and energetic Workplace leader to build a regional workplace team, manage the build-out and operations of multiple offices, develop and execute on a real estate strategy, manage budgets and create an awesome end-user experience for Convoy employees.
You will take ownership of:
- Real estate strategy and execution. You’ll develop, implement and drive real estate strategy that is in alignment with business need. You will lead real estate negotiations.
- Real estate capital spend and operating budgets. You’ll manage and evolve budgets and will utilize financial skills and acumen to identify and execute upon efficiencies.
- Construction, remodels and build-outs. You will direct third parties on design and construction of new spaces and remodels. You will vet all aspects of each project to optimize costs and timelines and achieve overall project goals.
- Managing the Workplace team. You will grow the Workplace team across multiple regions and provide leadership through coaching and mentoring.
- Workplace operations. You will efficiently and effectively manage operations across all Convoy facilities. You will lead RFPs and negotiate contracts for vendors and service providers.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 8+ years scaling a Workplace department across multiple regions at a growing company.
- Proven track record of developing, executing and managing real estate strategies and negotiating real estate deals.
- Strong project management skills with experience in organizing, planning, managing and executing large-scale projects from design phase to construction and implementation.
- A passion for managing people and experience running a growing team, including recruiting, mentoring and coaching, road mapping and performance management.
- You will have experience managing teams across multiple regions.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Proven ability to think outside of the box and innovate.
- Exceptional work ethic, high energy, and demonstrated urgency and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate business benefits, progress, and tradeoffs to leaders.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience managing growing and complex budgets and keeping budget within company plans.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a great employee experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Real Estate Management preferred.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Convoy is an equal opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative leader who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!