Senior Manager, Customer Connections
As the world’s leading SaaS platform for managing and automating collaborative work, Smartsheet is the best way for businesses to plan, collect, handle, automate, and report on work, enabling them move from idea to impact fast. Over 100,000 customers, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution, enhance collaboration and visibility, and empower individuals.
As Sr. Manager of Customer Connections, your primary responsibility will be to research, recommend, implement, and measure a comprehensive approach to customer connections to drive an “outside in” customer voice across the Smartsheet organization. Examples of these Customer Connections include but are not limited Customer Advisory Boards, Product Advisory Councils, Local User Groups, and Virtual Communities.
This position will report to the Vice President of Product Marketing and will be located in Smartsheet’s Bellevue, WA headquarters.
The ideal candidate is an experienced program manager who can launch the Smartsheet strategy and plan for Customer Advisory Boards and other related programs. This is a highly cross-functional role where you will regularly engage with our top customers, executive staff members, sales, customer success and sales teams, customer support, product management and marketing teams.
- Establish connections across Smartsheet to understand department goals to then establish Customer Connection objectives, budget, event planning, metrics reporting and other details necessary for success.
- Serve as subject matter expert for Smartsheet, owning master strategy and plan for customer connections, coordinating across advisory boards, councils, user groups, and other communities, tracking customer requests and interactions, align messaging and content, etc.
- Research SaaS B2B industry best practices and form relationships with and apply learnings from Customer Connection experts outside of Smartsheet.
- Partner with Smartsheet internal event planning teams to ensure best customer experience.
- Establish Customer Council to share learnings from Customer Connection events as important input to Product, Product Marketing, Communications, and Sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent discipline; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of experience in customer-centric role, experience with Advisory Boards and Product Councils strongly preferred
- Proven ability to operationalize and scale customer programs
- Demonstrated skills working with senior level company leadership and customers
- Strong marketing acumen and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong communication/presentation skills, collaboration and influencing skills, and the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders
- All Smartsheet employees must be self-starters who can, with minimal guidance, drive projects from concept through completion:
- Focus to make quick strikes, iterate, and produce in high volume
- Smarts to pick up new concepts at light speed
- Agility to quickly adjust priorities and shift direction
- Flexibility to contribute to other projects as required
Smartsheet is a rapidly growing SaaS company with over 95,000 customers across the globe, aiming to change the way businesses manage their work and collaborate. Smartsheet’s online application combines the ease of use of a spreadsheet with collaborative file sharing and discussions, visual timeline management and automated workflow capabilities. It’s used to manage diverse types of work including projects, programs and core business operations.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.