Senior Manager, Customer Experience Quality at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:10 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As the Senior Manager for Customer Experience Quality, you will own the company-wide strategy for providing a best-in-class customer experience for Convoy’s shippers and carriers by building out quality processes and controls for our brokerage and operations associates. You are a fast, clear, and independent thinker who is naturally curious about how things work, is metrics and data driven, and has demonstrated leadership ability. Weekly, your team will deep dive performance to understand key headwinds, tailwinds, and the impact of projects to report on operational performance to senior executives. You are never satisfied with the status quo and delight customers with your ability to drive change in a fast paced environment. You and your team will use data to tackle broad, ambiguous questions and deliver solutions that consistently raise the bar. You excel in an intense, dynamic work environment and are excited to help Convoy understand, measure, and improve the quality of service we deliver. If you want to think big about optimizing operations, are passionate about data, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is the role for you!
- Provide functional leadership in statistical tools, problem solving, program management, operational excellence and a variety of process improvement and development techniques.
- Build and lead a Customer Experience Quality team of program managers, business analysts, and auditors. Model functional techniques and develop junior team members.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to increase service levels by minimizing waste and quality failures while addressing person, product, or process root causes. Partner with other leaders to drive a culture of process control and operational excellence.
- Own the end-to-end planning and execution of quality programs. This includes the development of metrics to proactively identify system level trends and creating the virtuous cycle between Quality and Process Improvement. This will require developing a broad understanding of the business in order to drive effective paths to scale.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Industrial Engineering, Operations, Business Administration or other quantitative field. Masters is a plus.
- 3+ years of people management experience leading a quality, analytics, or process control team within an operational function.
- 7+ years of experience in process improvement, program management, quality or statistics.
- Experience building and scaling strategic and cross-functional teams from the ground up.
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions. Skilled at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics; exceptional Excel skills; proficiency in SQL and statistical tools.
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Superior organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Expertise in a variety of process design and improvement techniques, including Lean and Six Sigma. Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Preference for experience in a startup environment.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!