Senior Storage Support Engineer
This position reports to: Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
We're looking for experienced, passionate, driven engineers who can help us build scalable and reliable cloud computing solutions to support the rapid growth of our SaaS products. As a Storage Infrastructure Engineer, you will work on solving tough technical challenges in a high energy, startup like environment with experienced industry leaders and with a highly collaborative team.
This position is responsible for the deployment, tuning and maintenance of ServiceNow's 24x7 shared data storage infrastructure throughout the entire environment. Working with industry experts and other IT and business teams, this role is responsible for achieving overall technical integrity, data availability and administration of the organization’s storage infrastructure.
- Support and troubleshoot storage systems and connected servers
- Monitor performance, system health, and data storage integrity
- Develop and maintain storage support and operations documentation
- Provide escalation support
- Coordinate with Cloud, Virtualization, and Linux System Administrators as required
- Maintain highly available and scalable environments in a zero downtime configuration
- Work with Automation tools and scripting languages (BASH, Python) to integrate storage with other systems as required
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years server hardware and software administration
- Minimum 5 years experience with enterprise level SAN Storage implementation administration, and management
- Minimum 5 years experience in Linux (RedHat or CentOS preferred) administration and performance troubleshooting
- Thorough understanding of storage networking including NFS and iSCSI
- Thorough understanding of backup and recovery technologies and practices, including high availability/clustering solutions
- Familiarity with IT Service Management processes and tools
- Familiarity with Change Management processes in a production environment
- In depth knowledge of storage platforms to include EMC, PURE, and Dell storage solutions as well as software defined storage systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of storage automation
- Strong ability to provide coordination and technical project leadership
- Outstanding organizational communication skills and attention to detail
- Good to have hands on experience with NVMe protocol
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust (5) clearance with company backing within 6 months of hire.
This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.