Senior Technical Support Engineer, Platform Technologies at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The Global Technical Support team is diverse, creative, fast-growing team! We provide technical support round the clock. Support Centers are located in Australia, India, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, UK and US. We are looking for engineers who have passion for technology, problem solving and eager to help customers. We work with different internal teams to provide great customer experience. We thrive to meet objectives, maintaining work focus despite obstacles or setbacks.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will enable our customers with your passion and knowledge of the ServiceNow Platform. You will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues and escalation for the customer and provide technical guidance in addressing their business needs. You will be the voice of the customer into ServiceNow product and development teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge and be part of strategic initiatives for process improvements.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage and resolve challenging issues for ServiceNow partners and customers.
- Resolve technical cases created by customers looking for help to understand or troubleshoot unexpected behaviors or answer technical questions about the ServiceNow software and platform.
- Gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform and all core functionality.
- Analyze data with a view to isolate the potential cause of the issue.
- Involve others to accomplish personal and group goals.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science (or related technical degree) or 4+ years of related experience within technical support or software coding environment
- Solid understanding of Object-oriented programming languages like Java.
- Working knowledge of the components in web applications stack.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle).
- Experience using Linux/Unix.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the problem statement and troubleshoot complex technical issues with ease.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Personal commitment to quality and customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage the case queue.
- Should be a team player working efficiently in a collaborative environment.
Nice to Have's:
- Experience providing SaaS / PaaS support.
- Experience working with the ServiceNow Platform.
- A fundamental understanding of ITIL framework.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.