Sr. Network Engineer at Expedia Group
Sr Network Engineer
Expedia's e-Commerce Platform team is at the heart of Expedia's business. Our technology and operations platforms power Expedia's online travel brands worldwide. The platform teams are diverse - we build and maintain foundational systems and infrastructure like data centers, transaction platforms, financial systems and the cloud computing such as infrastructure and software as a service. Are you ready for an exciting experience in this dynamically changing industry? The networking team follows a DevOps model where you will be able to design and develop network solutions, operate your product and collaborate with many fun people along the way.
What you’ll do:
- The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting data center and cloud network Infrastructure.
- You will provide level 2 and level 3 network support including operation, change management and request fulfillment for network devices such as routers, switches, firewalls and load balances.
- Your role, you will monitor and support global network, IP and related security services, resolve complex system and network issues and outages. This will involve maintenance and administration of all production IP communications equipment.
- You will directly engage with the network operations center and with customers to consult with them and handle their requests.
- Preparing network diagrams and maintaining equipment lists using automation where possible to ensure accuracy and completeness. Industry watching, both direct or through a third party, to ensure the company is aware and educated on new technologies.
- Team members will look to you to mentor, coach and be their focal point for technical network issues. You should be able to communicate well with vendors and partners to build relationships and work through technical scenarios.
- You will work independently and exercise reasonable judgment with little supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and accomplishments.
- You will be involved in network automation and orchestration to increase speed and preserve consistency in our network connectivity solutions. This could involve automation of network circuit provisioning, switch baselines, routing protocol convergence improvements and network overlay technologies.
Who you are:
You’ll fit this role if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent understanding and capability.
- 10+ years of experience in network engineering.
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper service provider routers.
- CCNP Routing and Switching or similar practical proficiency.
- Proficient in configuring and troubleshooting networking protocols - OSPF, MPBGP, ISIS, MPLS.
- Background in operating and maintaining Clos-based fabrics (e.g., FabricPath, VXLAN).
- Hands-on experience with Cisco ASR9K and Juniper MX routers.
- In-depth knowledge of SNMP, Netflow, IPFIX, Netconf or Restconf models.
- Experience reviewing system configuration settings/policies.
- Proficiency working with third party vendors and technologies.
- Ability to review and improve processes and procedures.
- Experience working with operational environments following ITIL, industry standards, frameworks and reference architectures.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (technical and non-technical).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing and conflicting priorities.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written.
- Ability to work overtime to include nights and weekends.
- Practical application skills in deployment of QoS on various platforms.
- Knowledge of Multicast Routing.
- Software defined network and WAN experience
Preferred if additional skills:
- Hands-on development background with network orchestration engines
- AWS Network Stack – VPC, Direct Connect, Transit Gateways, AWS VPN
- Expert-level certifications a plus (e.g., JNCIE-SP, CCIE-RS, CCIE-SP)
- Experience with Internet and Cloud Exchange Peering.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.