Supply Chain Manager
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. It’s already the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it’s available at retail, the fun is really starting.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
Our singular focus is delivering the best possible product to our customers, as quickly as we can. As Supply Chain Manager, you’ll be crucial to this effort. You’ll have the pulse of our partners and understand how to build the optimal foundation for the Glowforge supply chain.
We need you to search the globe for the best quality materials that meet our price, quality and delivery goals. This includes monitoring all purchasing and inventory by our contract manufacturer to ensure that our needed materials are always in stock to maintain production. You’ll think ahead, and search for ways to mitigate supply chain and vendor risk by finding secondary solutions in case they are ever needed. You will be critical to the delivering on the beauty and promise that our customers expect.
You’ll be the person with some of the deepest and most intuitive understanding of our product, its components, our manufacturers’ production patterns and our component inventory. You’ll be key to the feedback loop from the customer back through the supply chain and through the manufacturing process.
You’ll use your insights and knowledge to improve predictability, enhance the quality and reduce costs without sacrificing our customers’ expectations. When our customers get their lasers exactly when they expect and are delighted with the results, you will know that you have played a significant part in that experience.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
- You will continue development of our company’s supply chain while we experience constant change, from unbelievable sales growth.
- You will work closely with engineering, finance, and product teams in the development of new products and enhancements to the current designs.
- You will closely monitor and manage monthly production, inventory reports, and future planning.
- You will continually improve our product’s reliability and quality for our customers, while keeping our costs low.
- Travel to our supplier partners (~30%) as you drive quality, cost, and performance initiatives across the supply base.
You Need These Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in hardware supply chain management
- Significant hands-on involvement with lifecycle management of suppliers and other resources
- You have delivered a product on time and according to plan
- You have experience with hardware products
It Would Be Nice If…
- You have experience working with contract manufacturers globally
- You have experience with consumer products
- You are passionate about creating and making things
- You have worked at a start-up or fast paced, growing company
Please share your resume or Linkedin profile with us, along with a note about your interest in us. We’d love to hear from you!
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.
Read Full Job Description