System Engineer II at Expedia Group
Do you thrive in a flexible agile environment, focused on innovation, continuous delivery, DevOps and automation? Do you enjoy designing and implementing solutions in a VDI environment, providing high performing and reliable experience for contact center agents? Are you passionate about delivering secure and high-quality products to agents who service our customers around the globe? Expedia Group, the largest Online Travel Agency (OLTA), is looking for a highly motivated and focused Systems Engineer for our Contact Center Virtual Desktop Infrastructure team. If you answered “Yes” to these questions, then we are eager to hear from you.
Expedia eCommerce Platform - eCP
Expedia Group is the world's travel platform and our purpose is to bring the world within reach. The eCP team is at the heart of that mission by providing a world-class platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at global scale to support our rapidly growing family of brands.
Expedia IT - eIT
Expedia IT is a team of customer-focused technology specialists within eCP, committed to delivering business value by maximizing the employee experience through reliable, accessible and intuitive IT support and services.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and demonstrate detailed ownership of systems, configurations and documentation of our Citrix VDI platform
- Design technical solutions for multiple programs and projects running within the VDI and/or XenApp environments.
- Participate in the design, build and support of XenApp/XenDesktop/VDI environments in an AWS
- Participate in the design, build and support of NetScaler access.
- Drive incident problem resolution working alongside other infrastructure teams, to resolve issues related to security, applications, storage, messaging, networking, and servers.
- Ability to participate in an on call rotation for off hours support to resolve critical issues.
- Use your systems thinking approach to propose solutions to simplify our environment by reducing dependencies, automating work and partnering across teams to deliver a reliable and stable service
- Partner with security teams for vulnerability assessment and remediation on application and web servers.
Who you are:
- 3 - 5 years in a Citrix Engineering role with extensive experience with supporting a large enterprise environment with over 3,000 users along with designing, implementing, and supporting Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, and NetScaler
- Proven experience with Windows Server OS particularly Remote Desktop Services and Application servers in an enterprise environment, as well as Group Policy.
- Experience setting up, configuring, and supporting thin clients (HP/Wyse preferred) and applications running in a virtual environment
- Demonstrated experience with designing, implementing and supporting cloud based solutions (preferably AWS).
- PowerShell scripting experience related to managing XenApp, XenDesktop, vCenter, and Windows server OS functions.
- Proven understanding of foundational IT components including Networking, Load Balancing, various Operating Systems, SAN/NAS storage, VMware, x64 hardware.
- Familiar with Agile and DevOps frameworks and experience using them to deliver work in a team
- Strong capability to identify problems with a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Relocation (Y/N): NExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.