Systems Engineer II - eIT Voice and Video
ExpediaSystems Engineer II
Expedia Group IT provide a world class technology experience by building and integrating a variety of employee focused tech services. Within Expedia IT, the Digital Workplace team are hiring a Systems Engineer who will help to further develop and deliver our premier platform of products, services and agile framework. We're a team with worldwide presence that maintains the user facing technology throughout 2000+ conference rooms and meeting spaces. You will have at least 5+ years of experience in Audio-Visual, Videoconferencing or like IT collaboration tools and technology.
Why build your career with us? We offer the opportunity to join more than 20 thousand of the brightest minds in the travel business in an ambitious and international work environment passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.Responsibilities of this engineering role include:
- Tier 2/3 Support (escalation point for Global Service Desk/Field Services) – conference room tech and VTC, Room Booking (devices/backend software), Digital Signage, Wayfinding.
- ITRE Project Support (AV and VTC Refresh/rooms under pre-defined standards) and deployment.
- Drive proof of concepts using cutting edge technology with the intention of implementing in production.
- Partner with neighboring teams (voice, network, real estate, systems and IT engineering), in designing, testing, deploying meeting space technology globally.
- Function as technical, engineering and operational guide for overall digital workplace technology platform.
- Identifies potential areas where existing capabilities and processes require change and where new ones need to be developed
- Perform high level system performance analysis and tuning optimizations.
- Working knowledge of protocols/low voltage AV signaling as it relates to control systems.
- Strong ability to gather and interpret data and information from different sources, and use technical skills to resolve complex problems.
- Experience with SAAS based technologies and services.
- 5+ years of experience in combination information technology, audio-visual or unified communications – certifications preferred.
- Advanced diagnostics and analysis of AV and supporting systems (ability to interpret network data, and perimeter infrastructure outputs – VCS).
- Understanding of standards and protocols as they relate to security of media data – storage and transmission.
- Strong knowledge and experience deploying/supporting industry standards – cabling, acoustics, resolution.
- Ability to closely work with and manage external vendors, provide instruction and access when required.
- Experience in Network Design and Management is helpful.
- Understanding of scrum/agile engineering and development practices is a plus.
- Passion for using new technology to support interesting problems.
- Self-starter that enjoys leading by example and mentoring other team members.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.