Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
The VP of Global Technical Support is responsible for leading and scaling our worldwide Technical Support teams, which includes Developer Support and Community Support. This is a full-time leadership role in overseeing the management and growth of our Technical Support teams.
As VP of Global Technical Support, you will be responsible for building and leading a worldwide team of managers and support engineers to deliver a flawless customer support experience that scales. You will need to leverage a healthy balance of leadership, technical, support, and sales skills in a very dynamic and fast paced environment. Key to your success will be collaborating closely with leaders and managers across the CS, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering organizations to drive overall success for customers and Auth0 as the company grows.
- Supporting our enterprise and self-service customer you will own the customer support experience for our public and private deployment offerings as well as our community offering, identifying underlying challenges and proactively driving to rapidly resolve issues, increase customer satisfaction, and deepen customer relationships.
- Scale and lead a sustainable, high-performance, motivated team that believe in and deliver a shared support experience customers rave about.
- Build an industry-leading customer self-service and support platform utilized to deliver our support experience, and continue to improve and optimize it based on meeting customer needs and requirements.
- Own service/business management of support services offerings, collaborating with Marketing & Sales on support contracts, service level commitments, pricing, and policies.
- Identify metrics and establish a management and reporting rhythm that ensures consistent achievement of operational performance targets (including customer satisfaction, operating efficiency, and product quality) and visibility to executive leadership.
- Monitor product quality metrics (case volume, percent escalated, issue categorization and prioritization, backlog, customer impact, etc.) and work as the advocate for the customer to drive product improvement and issue resolution.
- Drive operational efficiencies, documentation, tool, and process changes that improve the support experience, making it easier for DS engineers and Engineering to identify and resolve customer issues, and lower support costs.
- Develop and maintain a business and operational plan that ensures adequate support coverage (language, capacity, and technical capability) and meets anticipated future demand based on customer utilization trends, customer growth, service utilization, new product/service releases.
- Serve as the executive management point for key account escalations and system incidents; as well as manage the Executive Watchlist, ensuring that the cross-organizational engagement required to stabilize specific account escalations and/or respond to system incidents are addressed.
- Drive improvements in Auth0’s products, services, and overall customer experience by providing actionable data and insight on customer behavior, satisfaction, areas customers and especially challenging or valuable to Customer Success peer teams, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering.
- Partner with Sales and Pre-Sales Engineering assisting in prospect pre-sales discussions and presentations about our support offerings and practices.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally.
- 15+ years of experience in managing, coaching, and growing Technical Support engineers and Managers/Team leading and scaling globally dispersed customer-facing teams in a fast-paced technically focused environment, preferably a Developer or DevOps audience. At least 5 years in a senior-level leadership.
- Strong, broad knowledge across all aspects of Community and Technical Support practices, processes and technology. You have core skills/competencies including leadership, customer relations, performance management, process management, data analysis, problem solving, effective communication, business acumen, and technical aptitude.
- You are passionate about making customers successful and having your team help set the cornerstone for the life-long customer experience they will have with Auth0.
- Driven to improve your team’s performance every day, and you have examples of innovations you have introduced that improved team outcomes and performance.
- Worked in high-growth environments, and have built high-performing medium to large distributed, technical teams quickly.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with your peer CS and Sales organizations to ensure cross-team collaboration is effective.
- You have outstanding communication and presentation skills, including effectively interfering with business, executive, and technical teams.
- Experience with modern services for application development (e.g.: AWS, Azure) and development methods (eg, microservices, continuous deployment/continuous delivery, agile).
- Experience with at least one backend stack (e.g. Node, .NET, Java) and at least one popular frontend stack (e.g. Angular, React).
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred.
- Care deeply about culture and values and can be a steward for transparency, collaboration, inclusiveness, accountability, and experimentation.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Ability to balance tactical and strategic focus.
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.