Our strategy starts with our mission: how do we build the right set of products that can help our customers work in a more enlightened way? If the first big problem Dropbox solved was getting your files in the cloud, the new problem we’re solving is helping you organize your life.
As we’re evolving the core business from syncing and sharing files, we are looking for Software Engineers to come build the next generation of new products for collaboration and distributed work. Product Engineers thrive working across technologies and codebases, but are also involved in various product development cycle stages. Along the way they help representing users needs through close partnership with product, design, and user research.
In this role you will deliver best-in-breed software by building robust systems that power optimized user experiences on marquee projects like Dropbox Paper, Transfer, or Family. As a Product Engineer, you will use data-driven approaches to conduct experiments or iterate features, while ensuring that the software we write will last and scale.Responsibilities
- You will design and build software capable of reaching millions of daily users
- You will partner with product managers, designers and analysts to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
- You will develop and execute against both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective tradeoffs between business impact, user experience, and a high-quality technical foundation
- You will improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- You will support your fellow engineers through feedback, code reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of software engineering and/or work related industry experience
- Previous success developing and shipping a large-scale web application with a user-empathetic mindset
- Skilled at building user-facing software and supporting systems and libraries for the web and/or desktop
- You can handle full-stack projects and are able to build a minimum working product quickly
Our Engineering Career Framework is viewable by anyone outside the company and describes what’s expected for our engineers at each of our career levels. Check out our blog post on this topic and more here.
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $117,600 - $138,400 - $159,200.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.