Data Product Manager at Expedia Group
Are you a Product Manager craving an opportunity to have an impact on millions of customers across the travel industry? Do you enjoy identifying customer challenges and solving complex problems? Want to use data, “big” or otherwise, to power actions and results? Do you want to become an integral part of a creative and growing team that builds Data Product & Platform solutions with speed and state of the art technologies? If so, then you will love Expedia Group data team. On this team, change is frequent, adaptability is important, and results are measurable and rewarding.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join as Data Product Manager to evolve and build new data products and platforms used to power marketing, customer acquisition, and demand/supply performance through streaming first data strategy. In this role, you will build and shape the data product strategy, prioritization, and roadmap by deeply understanding our internal consumer needs as well as the external market. You will work with a dedicated engineering team tasked with building and maintaining elite data, tools, and platforms for Expedia Group. You’ll be empowered to innovate, build and measure the efficiency of your data products. You’ll work closely with counterparts in data science, product, engineering, operations, analytics, program management, and strategy to collect ideas and insights for your product portfolio. You will own crafting business cases, socializing priorities, and maintaining agile artifacts.
- be the voice and advocate for our customers.
- develop the strategy for your products and evangelize that vision within the organization.
- work with engineering, analytics, and data science teams to bring together ideas & opportunities and shape them into product roadmap.
- conduct market research, and analysis on proposed enhancements to your products to recommend outstanding solutions.
- solicit and consolidate product feedback to help in the prioritization of engineering effort.
- facilitate trade-off decisions between investment, schedule, and value.
- take ownership over risk mitigation and creatively solve problems as they arise.
- generate a deep knowledge of existing data & tool capabilities across the data landscape and the organization – for efficient solution design & technical support.
- support the design and delivery of data product and platform solutions that facilitate building advanced customer data products.
- write clear, concise and accurate functional and technical requirements.
- take Product Quality to heart - steering bug investigations, root cause analysis, follow-ups.
- promote thinking about the why and what of new features and products.
- build collaborative relationships between engineering, product partners and consumers.
- support the agile team, outlining and devising technical roadmap and providing regular product updates.
- create and have ownership of the product documentation, lead user training and provide ongoing support for your suite of data products to improve the onboarding experience.
- Shown success in delivering technology products in a high growth environment.
- Experience in creatively solving meaningful business/technology problems through unprecedented data solutions.
- Experience in shaping use cases into product vision with strong knowledge of the market.
- Experience in leading complex dependencies, trade-off decisions, and supporting user onboarding.
- Experience with Agile development lifecycle methodologies.
- Strong data, analytics, and technical skills including a working knowledge of large-scale data platforms.
- Knowledge of Search and Discovery is an advantage, or willingness and ability to learn quickly.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
Skills You'll Use Every Day
- Detail driven - a drive to understand details and perform thorough market research.
- Problem solver - strong problem-solving skills to analyze complex requirements, processes, and systems.
- Self-starter - able to manage your own workload daily, and own and lead investigations and design from start to completion.
- Good communicator - able to clearly communicate priorities & dependencies and influence across cross functional teams.
- Collaborative - able to work with others to get the job done
- Organization - comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively. Ability to handle complexity and several technical projects simultaneously
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.