Director of Product, Consumer Payments at Expedia Group
The Director of Consumer Payments Product Management will play a significant role in the Expedia Global Payments (EGP) organization at Expedia Inc. Our brands include globally well-known online travel brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Homeaway, Orbitz, Egencia, Expedia Affiliate Network and Hotwire. GCP is responsible for enabling payment products and services for Expedia Inc. brands.
This position will lead the Consumer Payments product management team to build the product vision as well as enhance a portfolio of global payment products with internal and external partners. As a senior leader of the payments product team, the Director of Product Management will be responsible for the driving the long-term product vision and important metrics for all customer payments.What you'll do
- Drive Consumer Payment Products Vision, Strategy & Innovation – Define Lead the team to define the product vision and principles, stay ahead of product trends and development, drive product strategy and iterative innovation at all levels (market-level, enterprise-level and industry-level)
- Prioritization & Roadmap Management – Influence and prioritize product opportunities with a wide range of internal and external partners. Drive the consumer payments roadmap prioritization process with Expedia brands and other internal teams Payment Product Execution & Enhancement – Define key payment requirements throughout the customer journey and influence internal teams towards high-value payment products. Partner closely with engineering teams to support an agile development process, methodology and structure to ensure high-quality, timely delivery of product features and enhancements
- Lead Consumer Payments Product critical metrics – Establish and measure payment product important metrics by closely partnering with the EGP and brands analytics team. Build a data-driven, test and learn approach in an agile environment to ensure the best return on investment for all products or product enhancement
- Handle Key Team Members – Enable high-quality, enterprise-level decisions by providing payments expertise to Expedia brands; serve as a payment leader with vision and senior consultant to enable executive level decisions at Expedia Inc. Constantly identify and communicate the value and strategic vision of payment products. Lead executive-level presentations and influence a stronger customer & product centric mindset
- Passion for Results: Maintain high standards for the individual, team and organizational accomplishments; tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals; derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Communication and Influence: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that gathers and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key team members to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals. Balance results with relationship.
- Team Building: Passion for building and supporting a highly skilled payments product team, with a focus on career development and increasing engagement
- Analytical Abilities: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues; commit to an action plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria; enthusiastically and quickly make sense of complex issues; respond effectively to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Eye For Business: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth; draw from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Decision Making: Use a factual approach to decision-making by systematically collecting valid and reliable data. Rely on the data rather than on emotions.
- Minimum 5~8 years of experience in product management, with a track record of bringing successful payment products to launch, preferably in an ecommerce environment
- Minimum 3~5 years of experience in successfully building and leading a team
- In-depth industry knowledge and execution experience in a consumer facing product management role with direct experience working with payment products.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.