Director of Product, Fraud & Risk at Expedia Group
Are you a highly innovative and influential leader who wants to lead Product for Expedia’s Fraud and Risk organization? As the Senior Product Leader, you will be responsible to make Expedia Group the most trusted travel destination for our customers, partners, suppliers, and affiliates.
What you’ll do
- Find opportunities to improve our fraud detection capabilities and drive strategic vision for our portfolio of products
- Systematically assess our customers' (internal & external, consumers & businesses) current and long-term payments needs
- Drive long-term improvements to our platform’s scalability, reliability, performance, and costs characteristics
- Ensure alignment of strategy with retail brands, supply organization and the eCommerce Platform strategy
- Own and drive the development of our annual plans. Develop and execute product roadmap and business cases to ensure customer trust and mitigate financial losses
- Drive incubation of new risk mitigation models to build results-oriented advantage in the marketplace
- Drive the communication and report on progress against our strategic goals to C-level leadership though monthly & quarterly reviews
- Provide strategic and technical analyses in support of top priority initiatives
- Act as a liaison and evangelist for Expedia's fraud and risk platform service offerings to internal customers and external partners
- Build, develop and lead a small team of product leaders
Who you are
- Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering or equivalent with a technology focus
- Masters’ in business administration, engineering or equivalent desired
- 3-5 years of experience in fraud management and chargeback recovery
- 3+ years of product management experience in the tech industry, with planning or business development experience
- Demonstrated experience to structure and analyze ambiguous and complex technology and business problems
- Robust quantitative and qualitative analysis skills. Advanced data management skills with prior experience in financial/business modeling
- Strong executive presentation development and delivery capabilities
- Prior experience developing teams and senior product leaders
- Strong program management with ability to deliver results through cross-geography teams
- Good communication, influencing and relationship building skills with technology and operations teams as well as senior management
- Familiarity with fraud vendor solutions is a plus
- Inspiring and accessible as a leader
- Create an environment where people can realize their full potential
- Inspire peripheral relationships across Expedia Group
- Passionate about engaging and developing talent; attract, develop, engage and retain hardworking individuals with a compelling, unifying vision that steers and motivates
- Natural bar-raiser: curious and passionate, with a desire to continuously learn more, which you use to understand basic business operations and the organizational levers that drive profitable growth
- Bias to action, being familiar with methods and approaches needed to get things done in a collaborative, lean and fast paced environment
- Respond effectively to complex and ambiguous problems and situations
- Lead mostly with questions rather than opinions, growing on the opportunity to own, innovate, create, and constantly re-evaluate
- Comfortable making recommendations across complex and equally critical business needs
- Simplify, clearly and succinctly convey complex information and ideas to individuals at all levels of the organization
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and collaborative group of people. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with modesty and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.