We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
Zipwhip’s Communications Infrastructure (IaaS), powers most major enterprises in North America that utilize SMS/MMS messaging for their business. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Director of IaaS Product management will be responsible for increasing, the already strong competitive moat, of our IaaS offering. You will focus on innovations like sophisticated business registries, utilization of AI and Machine Learning for fast and accurate traffic analysis, automating the detection and handling of spam and fraud as well as ensuring higher reliability, deliverability and performance of the SMS, MMS network and eventually, RCS and other messaging protocols.
Your team will also lead the expansion of this Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) offering into international markets and work with Telecom operators in all continents. This is a strategic role that will enable significant revenue growth for Zipwhip.
What you’ll be working on:
- Work with Telcom providers around the world to create high performance integrations into their networks to deliver clean messaging traffic that brings value to their subscribers
- Work closely with our internal PaaS product and engineering teams as well as our external PaaS customers to deliver high performance capabilities via our dedicated telecom messaging binds (SMS/MMS) across the world
- Develop a multi-year business plan/P&L in alignment with corporate goals; define product strategy, roadmap, target markets, pricing, sales & market strategies
- Drive product planning and agile requirements, own end-to-end product delivery and success
- Partner with BD and C-team to develop business development opportunities via alliances, partnerships and acquisitions
- Conduct regular data-driven business reviews for your product portfolio that analyze product execution and revenue/market accomplishments
- Decode vague priorities, manage conflicting tasks and provide the day-to-day block/tackle leadership. You have the gravitas to present concepts, justification, challenges and business outcomes to internal C-level audience and customer executives
- Accept accountability for getting results and creating business value. You must have the conviction to stand up for the user/customer while balancing needs of the business and if necessary, challenge stakeholders to clarify need and maintain focus
The skills you’ll need:
- 12+ years product management experience during which you have managed product managers and driven multiple PaaS/SaaS products from concept, to launch and revenue generation
- 3+ years product management that supported an ecosystem of 3rd party developers
- Previous experience in communications technologies used in mobile or telecom solutions such as SMS, MMS, RCS
- Working knowledge of HTTP protocol, and what typical integration scenarios with customer applications look like: API requests, responses, JSON, status codes, headers, and authentication
- Initiative/ownership using data-driven methods to get executive buy-in and drive towards measurable team, product & financial performance
- You care about diversity- in team, in products, and work to create a psychologically safe work environment for all employees
- You will lead through modeling and championing our DIRECT values of Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, and Trust- with customer centricity at the heart of all
- Abstract thinking with technical competence to guide tradeoffs on design, quality and delivery
- Proficiency in managing a P&L, pricing strategies and revenue optimization
- Thrive despite ambiguity, turning it into energy, clarity and actionable work items for the team
- Excellent public speaking, pitching skills and standards of communication especially to an executive persona and to customers
- Technical undergraduate degree
- MBA desired
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k match, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Dedication to employee wellbeing: free on-site (virtual currently) weekly yoga and meditation classes and other wellness offerings
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access (we can’t wait to get back to our office post COVID though have remote work options)
- Stipend for transportation (when commuting) and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch (when in office) meeting hosted by our CEO
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.