Director, Product Management at Expedia Group
Do you love inspiring teams to craft end-to-end experiences using the latest technologies? Have you built platforms that enable partners in ways you never envisioned? Expedia is building the Travel Platform to bring the world within reach for millions of customers. As part of this, we are building Expedia’s conversation platform, which automates the most challenging travel journeys and connects customers, agents, suppliers, and business partners. Our Chatbots use AI to learn new capabilities and continuously improve through network effects.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management with a scientific mindset and a passion for building extraordinary user and developer experiences. You will be at the forefront of technology, helping pioneer a new conversational interaction model and scalable architecture. In this role, you will guide our product strategy, grow our team, and launch often.
What you'll do
- Create product vision and lead some of our most complex and strategic projects
- Partner closely with engineering, UX, analytics, business, and marketing teams to define our roadmap and deliver solutions that achieve customer experience, business, and technology goals
- Lead a team of product managers to take product concepts from idea through validation, shipping, measurement, and iteration
- Build customer and market awareness among the team so that business cases and product design capture the full opportunity
- Set and reinforce product team goals (Objectives and Key Results, or OKRs). Actively monitor key customer and business metrics and adjust product and development team priorities as appropriate to deliver on financial and customer adoption goals
- Evangelize the platform and guide other teams to enable their product vision while maintaining the overall Conversation experience quality
- Help lead the organization through change, evolution, and growth
Who you are
- 8+ years of product management or related experience delivering end-to-end solutions in a nimble, fast-moving team environment
- Experience attracting, growing, and retaining a team
- Proven success balancing product priorities against technical capabilities and timelines while designing experiences that customers love
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with heavy emphasis on partnership
- Ability to set and drive the “big picture” strategy while also rolling up your sleeves and providing detailed guidance on individual projects
- Preferred: Experience developing high-growth technology platforms and services
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-CW1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.