The opportunity to re-shape a multi-billion dollar industry is truly unique. COVID has had an enormous impact on travel – but at Expedia Group we believe that as humans, we will always have the desire to explore and experience new things and to make special memories with friends and family. The COVID reset is giving us a chance to re-evaluate how we can enable the connection and joy that travel can bring in a safe and sustainable way – while helping the millions of our partners who depend on travel for their livelihood find their footing again. It’s not an easy challenge – but one that has the potential to be truly impactful, meaningful and rewarding.
As a senior Product leader for Expedia Group’s Search & Discovery platform, you will be at the forefront of this challenge. Your mission will be to remove friction from the travel search experience and to enable customers across EG’s diverse portfolio of brands to easily find and plan travel that meets their unique needs. You will work with key partners across the company to re-think how we can match travelers with optimal search results and recommendations. Your team will own defining and building the APIs used for returning results as well as the underlying capabilities needed to execute a search request – like Selection, Ranking and Filtering. You will have to balance delivering business value quickly with creating a stable platform that can scale to satisfy many use cases, known as well as unknown, well into the future.
We are looking for a Product leader with experience in platform thinking, creating strong partnerships and hiring and growing a skilled, globally distributed team. The right candidate will balance pragmatism with innovation and forward-thinking leadership. You will need to think through how to tackle complex problems via discrete capabilities with clear separation of responsibilities. You will also need to be an empathetic listener, capable of understanding and envisioning opportunities with a diverse set of partners. . Leading with humility and accountability and serving as an excellent coach who can mentor, grow and bring out the best in people will be essential to your success.
What you’ll do:
- Establish the vision and strategy for the Search and Discovery Platform. Develop strong feedback loops with leaders across EG’s portfolio of brands to ensure the platform is delivering capabilities that will be valued by their target customer segments.
- Direct your team in developing roadmaps with a balanced focus on short-term and long-term initiatives.
- Drive sensible tradeoffs between product and architecture investments in partnership with Engineering leaders and architects.
- Determine dependencies critical to success and work with your peers in Data Science, Analytics and other Platform teams across EG to set up effective operating models.
- Define the right success metrics to measure effectiveness of platform capabilities and set clear targets to constantly strive for improvement.
- Ensure your team is focused on outcomes and is executing with quality to continuously deliver customer value and business return on investment.
- Communicate strategy, plan and progress through a regular cadence of written and oral communication. Actively listen and help the team grow and improve from their mistakes.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of product management experience in an eCommerce or Marketplace setting. Experience orchestrating delivery of value in an enterprise environment where different teams own different systems is a big plus.
- Scientific and data driven, experienced in breaking down complex, multi-dimensional problems and delivering measurable results.
- Skilled in defining the right metrics, and keeping teams motivated and accountable to meet targets.
- Demonstrated technical competence, high degree of familiarity with Machine Learning concepts and Marketplace Principles. Ability to work effectively with engineers and data scientists.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator who can simplify or deep dive as needed.
- Strong interpersonal and talent management skills, including identifying and developing product management talent. Known for crafting work environments where people can realize their full potential.
- Inclusive, honest, open, and eager to continuously learn. Self-aware and an active listener.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Read Full Job Description