Are you an experienced ecommerce professional looking to join an industry leader?
Are you passionate about travel and adventure?
Are you ready to help people go places?
About this job:
Expedia Local Expert provides travelers with access to activities, attractions, tours, transportation, and other services in destinations around the world. Our Online Retail team runs a global ecommerce operation on various points of sale, including the websites of Expedia Group, across all platforms including mobile and web. In this role, you will be responsible for generating incremental traffic and transactions for the business. You will deliver advanced data analyses and convert raw data into meaningful and actionable business insights. You'll use these tools to identify and resolve platform, channel and supply needs to impact our customers' overall trip experience.
What you'll do with us:
- Run merchandising and online marketing campaigns to grow tours and activities business globally
- Use internal & external data to find growth and revenue opportunities, build business cases, design, lead and implement key market initiatives with internal teams.
- Act as the voice of our customers, using qualitative and quantitative data to identify customer issues, local relevancy gaps and present insights/recommendations to key partners.
- Serve as the Local Expert go-to person by performing and sharing market insights with our team.
- Utilize competitive intelligence to understand customer needs and issues, to find solutions and make new product features/functionality recommendations across platforms
- You will manage site and product health and performance based on quantifiable metrics (traffic, conversion, transaction, and error rate), using standard methodologies and applicable tools and reporting
Who you are
You'll fit this role if you have:
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of experience in e-commerce, business analysis, data analytics, customer/market research, or strategy/management consulting role
- Previous experience working with online marketing channels such as Email, display advertising, SEM, SEO,programmatic, etc
- Demonstrate strong competency in advanced data analytics and structured problem solving
- Passionate about enhancing customer experience and driving business improvement
- Focus on the continuous efforts to solve problems through scalable process and tools
- Strong communication skill with experience in working with global teams in large, multi-disciplinary environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence
- Ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously and under a deadline
- Creative and innovative thinker with a “can do” attitude
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying for a role in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.