Trupanion is looking for an exceptional eCommerce expert to lead the execution of web strategy and spearhead conversion initiatives across Trupanion.com and associated web assets. The role will be pivotal in pushing this high-growth company forward and ideal for a proven online sales and marketing performer who is eager to be part of breaking new ground and forging a new market. You will act as a catalyst for eCommerce innovation.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, commercially oriented eCommerce specialist who's ready to roll up their sleeves for their next career challenge and excited to make a difference in a market on the verge of mass-market expansion. In such a fast growth company, this position needs a steadfast, determined and driven individual to maintain pace and lead by example.
The right candidate will understand and dive deep into key online funnel metrics to quickly identify and develop an over-arching strategy and tactics that improve online performance. They will be reactive and proactive, easily balancing between the two working methods. This digital specialist will identify meaningful opportunities to reinforce the value proposition for pet owners to ultimately help Trupanion to enroll more pets, for life.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Increasing the conversion rate across Trupanion.com both directly (online) and indirectly (over the phone through omni-channel approach), expanding to more than just the phone
- Report and confirm insights from the conversion analyst resources and recommend omni-channel optimization opportunities
- Review heat-maps (ex: Mouseflow) and customer data (ex: HEAP) to look for areas of improvement
- Analyze user-testing platforms, web page performance and optimize based on acquisition, engagement, and retention goals
- Partnering with key stakeholders to find the perfect balance of web, chat and phone traffic ratio to achieve conversion goals including the co-development of a plan to increase call volume from web to phone
- Oversee UX for customer experience and conversion wins
- Implementation of a full eCommerce and omni-channel program roadmap
- Actively engage in trend-spotting and competitive analysis of the eCommerce industry to communicate more broadly across the organization about integrating innovative technologies and programs
- Develop a clear succession plan approach and work to support individual (personal) goals for team members to ensure team fulfillment
- Collaborate with the team and Digital Marketing division to ensure the creation, communication, and execution of digital marketing project plans, strategies, and tactics
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
The right candidate will have:
- Strong commercial background with proven track record in delivering online sales results with 5+ years of proven experience in digital marketing and the conversion space
- Experience leading a team
- Experience with a data platform (ex: Tealium) to create badges/attributes/events for marketing use cases
- Experience with WCAG and website accessibility guidelines
- Hands-on experience with omni-channel marketing
- Experience working with creative and technical leads and teams on feature development - including hands-on delivery of site launches, updates, and refreshes
- Experience using industry tools and analytics packages, including web analytics, targeting, testing, CRM, and marketing automation platforms
- Familiar with site intercepts/pop-ups/banners/etc (ex: Yieldify/Qualtrics)
- Website optimization experience
- Experience with customer segmentation, profiling, and targeting
- Former experience with budgetary control and management
You Will Have an Advantage if You Have:
- Project Management experience
- Sitecore CMS, SEO/UX experience is very much preferred
- User testing experience is very much preferred
- Firm understanding of HTML/HTML5
Candidates for this position have the option to work remotely from anywhere in the US, or out of our Seattle office, depending on their preference.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We're all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We're focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/
We're more than insurance - we're a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.