Global Product Manager, Inventory & Pricing Platform
As Product Manager Supply Services for Lodging (SSL), you’re a passionate product enthusiast with strong influential leadership skills to ensure successful execution of all product development initiatives.
Working within the Lodging Partner Services global product team, you will be responsible for helping to define the future of Expedia Group’s lodging platform. You will inform product strategy based on market trends, threats, and opportunities. You will own a product roadmap supported by multiple engineering teams across the globe. You will work with product counterparts, analysts, and engineers to define, test, and deliver concrete product features to execute on Expedia’s lodging product strategy. Lodging is Expedia Group’s largest line of business.
In this role, you will drive the strategy and vision to evolve the lodging pricing & inventory platform to power our Marketplace and service travelers and partners from all around the world. You will leverage your experience and product skills to create amazing products that solve very concrete user problems. Working closely with counterparts in Product, Analytics, Engineering, Partner Services, User Experience and Strategy, you will ensure that the team is delivering with high standards.
What You Will Do:
- Help drive the creation of useful, usable, valuable and desirable products and services that will have a significant positive impact on Lodging Partner engagement & reach, Customer satisfaction, as well as the bottom line.
- Execute the product plan and strategy for the current year
- Lead the entire product line life cycle from strategy to tactics, namely: Opportunity Assessment, Product Discovery, Product Development, Release, and Commercial Roll-Out.
- Lead and conducting meetings with customers and non-customers, business owners, executive sponsors, and partners to gather and define short term and long term product opportunities.
- Handle the product backlog, prioritization and demonstrating a solid understanding of the business aided by partnership with partners, analytics, measurement and value hypothesis to drive product priority and investment strategy.
- Help define market research, usability research, competitive analysis and best-in-class bench marking to build new products, functions and features.
- Monitor product development processes to ensure they come in on time, on scope, on quality and on budget
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Own relevancy and quality of the product throughout its life cycle
- Drive the execution of ideas you’ve developed
Who You Are:
- You possess a University Degree or equivalent. MBA preferred. Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Product Management.
- Knowledgeable in technology methodology (Agile/SCRUM)
- Ability to translate highly ambiguous business issues into structured problems, and to develop well-founded solutions in a structured yet creative way
- Ability to build rapport with business and technology partners, ability to lead by influence
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels, including concise verbal and written executive communication
- Strong top down hypothesis driven approach to analyses, combined with ability to perform in-depth bottom up analyses if needed
- A real passion for data, with very strong quantitative skills. Fully comfortable with financial and operational metrics and analyses
- Ability to identify key needs or gaps and provide leadership to close those gaps.
- Exhibits high degree of pro-activeness in analyzing customer behavior using available data to influence change.
- Strong attention to detail
- Goal oriented with self-direction and drive
- Experienced in developing processes, procedures, policies
- Have led or participated in the product planning and design of technical products.
- Travel industry experience a plus
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so. Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Relocation (Y/N): N
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.