Daily, hundreds of thousands of Expedia group's Lodging Partners exchange information, millions of customers shop, and billions of data exchanges are executed across the largest online travel marketplace in the world!
Lodging owners, property managers and chains have complicated requirements when setting up their rates through API integrations with 3rd party systems, through the Expedia management interfaces, or with the help of our internal teams and tools in order to optimize their revenue.
As the technical Product Manager for Inventory Services, you will articulate and execute the product strategy and roadmap for the rates and inventory architecture, data model, and capabilities that user-facing products are built upon. This deeply complex system is arguably the most powerful tool available for our partners since price is such an impactful conversion lever, driving their (and our) top line.
What you will do
- Lead all aspects of end-to-end product delivery, from idea to roll-out, ensuring commercial objectives are met
- Build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new insights based on your proven experience, understanding of Expedia and your contact with internal partners
- Work with product marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer
- Own product discovery working closely with the Travel Partner Group commercial and operational teams, the brand teams and engineering teams
- Facilitate and conduct meetings with customers and non-customers, business owners, executive sponsors, and internal partners to capture and define product opportunities
- Manage product development processes to ensure they come in on time, on scope, on quality and on budget
- Develop and implement company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
Who you are
- A hardworking product enthusiast with strong influential skills to ensure execution of all product development initiatives
- Someone who understand success depends upon spending time interacting with business partners and finding innovative solutions for the broader market
- Tech savvy, having the skills to understand high-level architecture and SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Ability to translate highly ambiguous business issues into structured problems, and to develop well founded solutions in a structured yet creative way
- Strong top down hypothesis driven approach to analyses, combined with ability to perform in-depth bottom up analyses if needed
- A passion for data, with very strong quantitative skills
- Exhibits high degree of pro-activeness in analyzing customer behavior using available data to inspire change
- 5 years applicable experience
- College Degree. Computer Science or Engineering a plus
- 5 years’ work experience. Travel industry experience a plus
Why Join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.