Manager, Product Management
Are you a Product Manager craving an opportunity to have an impact on millions of customers across travel industry? Do you enjoy identifying customer challenges and solving complex problems? Can you communicate your ideas to a diverse set of audience? Are you passionate about data? Want to use data, “big” or otherwise, to power actions and results? Do you want to become an integral part of a creative and growing team that builds Data Product & Platform solutions with speed and state of the art technologies. ? If so, then you will love Expedia Data Products and Platforms (DP2) team. On this team, change is frequent, adaptability is essential and results are measurable and rewarding.
We are looking for a dynamic, analytical, and creative Manager, Product Management to oversee a team of product managers focused in building data products used to power marketing, customer acquisition, and demand/supply performance. In this role, you will help oversee a team that builds and shapes the data product strategy, prioritization, and roadmap by deeply understanding our internal consumer needs as well as the external market. You will work with a dedicated engineering team tasked with building and maintaining elite data, tools, and platforms for the Flagship brand of Expedia. You’ll be empowered to innovate, build and measure the effectiveness of your data products & product management practices. This role is inherently cross-functional – you’ll work closely with counterparts in analytics, data science, product, engineering, operations, program management, and strategy to collect ideas and insights for your product portfolio. You will own crafting business cases, socializing priorities, and maintaining agile artifacts.
- lead a team of product managers with passion for coaching, mentoring and building high performance teams.
- partner with leadership team to shape long-term strategy and evangelize that vision within the organization.
- develop product managers on the team, helping them advance in their careers and sharpen their skills.
- create & define the product management practices and influence teams to drive adoption & gain alignment.
- work with engineering, analytics, and data science teams to capture ideas & opportunities and shape them into product roadmap.
- solicit and consolidate product feedback to help in the prioritization of engineering effort.
- facilitate trade-off decisions between investment, schedule and value.
- take ownership over risk mitigation and creatively solve problems as they arise.
- generate a deep knowledge of existing data & tool capabilities across the data landscape and the organization – for efficient solution design & technical support.
- write clear, concise and accurate functional and technical requirements.
- take Product Quality to heart - steering bug investigations, root cause analysis, follow-ups.
- promote thinking about the why and what of new features and products.
- build collaborative relationships between engineering, product partners and consumers.
- support the product owner, outlining and devising technical roadmap and providing regular product updates.
- create and have ownership of the product documentation, lead user training and provide ongoing support for your suite of data products to improve onboarding experience.
Applicant Key Skills
- Proven success in leading and influencing a Product-driven organization.
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills and an ability to successfully define, develop, and scale product teams.
- Experience in shaping usecases into product vision with strong knowledge of market.
- Experience in managing complex dependencies, trade-off decisions, and supporting user onboarding.
- Experience with Agile development lifecycle methodologies.
- Effective communication and the ability to explain technical details and challenges to a wide variety of audiences.
- Knowledge SQL & Data analysis would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Online Marketing, an advantage, or willingness and ability to learn quickly.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
Skills You'll Use Every Day
- Detail driven - a drive to understand details and perform thorough market research.
- Problem solver - strong problem solving skills and ability to logically analyse complex requirements, processes and systems to put solutions in place.
- Self-starter - able to manage your own workload daily, and own and lead investigations and design from start to completion.
- Good communicator - able to clearly communicate priorities & dependencies and influence across cross functional teams.
- Collaboration - able to work with others to get the job done
- Organization - comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively. Ability to handle complexity and several technical projects simultaneously
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.