We are very happy to announce that we have officially re-opened our Ballard HQ office for voluntary use at 50% capacity! It's excellent to be seeing people in person and have the buzz going again. In order to maintain safety, comfort and flexibility, we currently offer most employees the choice between 3 work locations: HQ-first, Hybrid or Remote; if there are specific location needs, the job description will indicate that below. It is also important to note that we are only able to hire employees who are eligible to work and are based in the US.
We look forward to having you apply to join our team of Knockstars!
Manager of Product & Engineering Operations. You will work closely with our VP of Product in delivering a strategic roadmap, and be responsible for the Quarterly Planning Process. As well, you will play the role of Scrum Master and lead a lean and agile team that helps to create and manage the strategic operations playbook alongside Engineering. The team is responsible for developing and measuring KPI’s of product and engineering development to understand what’s working, and what we can do better. Product Ops also helps strengthen the relationship between Product, Engineering, and GTM communications by streamlining and evangelizing processes and making sure Product to Operations is going smoothly and that customers are adopting Knock. The Operations team is already established, so you'll have support, but you will still get the opportunity to build in this role, we are growing fast and you will help support that.
The Product team covers Product Management, UX/UI Design, Product Operations, and Data Science and consists of talented and passionate team members, working to make Knock the premier software product in the Multifamily real estate industry. The Product team is laser focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers. We enable our customers to understand the occupancy dynamics of their portfolio, and then what they should do across marketing, sales, retention, and operations to ensure they maximize their business results. And not only what they should do - but then we allow them to take direct action within our product! Whether it's automating marketing campaigns, streamlining communications through AI and centralized dashboards, or running effective renewal initiatives (half of renters move out!), Knock is the place where our customers get their work done. The product space is challenging and exciting - we are at the intersection of workflow, communications, consumer services, and advertising. We also have an incredibly valuable data asset, and there are many opportunities for incorporating advanced data science and AI/ML to solve many problems.
Day to Day
- Creating and managing the Operations playbook
- Running Scrum Ceremonies
- Ensuring that SDLC processes are being adhered to
- Tracking performance using metrics (planning, throughput, SLA, etc.)
- Helping Product and Engineering to stay organized and on deadline
- Making sure that the road map, build, dates, and details are easily consumed by the Go To Market team
- Coaching, leading, and mentoring team members (2 currently)
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience in a Product Operations role - developing and measuring KPI’s of product development to suggest improvements
- Leadership experience
- Strong knowledge and comfort with SDLC processes.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, and how to drive adoption of these processes.
- Strong knowledge and comfort with Jira administration
- Proven success leading, coaching, and mentoring a successful team
- Experience supporting a team of at least 50 Engineers
- Scrum/Agile certification
- Enterprise SaaS experience (B2B preferred)
Why You'll Love It Here
- You'll join a category-creating company that has enthusiastic customers, an ambitious roadmap, and industry leading products.
- You are comfortable taking risks and thinking outside the box.
- Being part of a great team with solid infrastructure in place.
- You want an opportunity to win, drive change and be in an environment that will optimize for your success.
- You embrace our set of core values - determination, excellence, trust, and community.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees. Partial family coverage optional.
- Flexible time off & paid holidays.
- Parental leave program.
- 401k with a match program to help you save for the future.
- Learning & Development assistance.
- We like to do fun things together (Virtual for now!) such as conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the efficiency and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer happiness at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm passionate about the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the incredible #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar demeanor with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in outstanding talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been especially fortunate to build an outstanding team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work. Most recently these awards have included:
Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work (2021, 2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Midsize Places to Work (2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Places to Work (2020, 2021)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® (2021, 2022)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women (2021, 2022)
Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2021)
NAA Best Places to Work - Suppliers (2020)
Knock is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!
Please know that due to the nature of our business and housing potentially sensitive data, a background check is required to join Knock. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
Knock uses the E-Verify employment verification program.