We're hiring for a product designer to tackle complex problems that will transform the way that people work on Dropbox’s biggest new bet, Spaces. Dropbox Spaces help businesses organize content from anywhere, track progress, complete projects effectively, and communicate effortlessly with clients.
Collaborate with exceptional designers, engineers and product managers to solve customer problems around content and collaboration and design inspiring ways to delight our customers around the world.
We’re looking for curious and inventive product designers to lead innovation for today’s distributed workplace—from identifying and understanding pain points to owning the craft and finish of every detail in the solution. Engage with nimble teams to build inspiring prototypes that have potential to graduate into highly impactful products. Responsibilities
- Set vision & strategy with your product partner and persuasively communicate direction
- Drive the full design process for your team, and ship high-quality features and experiences.
- Work with Product Management, Design Research, and Engineering partners to understand our customers and their problems, and lead vision setting for Dropbox Business.
- Collaborate with your team to execute well against solutions you define.
- Become an active and engaged member of the Dropbox Design community. Mentor other designers at Dropbox as design leader
- This is a senior role—we’re expecting at least 8+ years of experience in product design or UX
- Experience building a successful new product with product managers and engineers
- Thrive in ambiguity and prefer an entrepreneurial style of approaching work
- Demonstrated experience setting vision & direction and rallying a team to execute it well
- Ability to define and articulate what makes an experience good or bad. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, design them in high fidelity, and partner with engineers to make your designs real
- Excellent communication and evangelization skills
- Strong initiative, comfort with ambiguity, and a broad understanding of design practices and processes relevant to zero-to-one that balances predictability with dexterity
- Ability to build strong cross functional partnerships. This role will lead broad product areas in Spaces and must coordinate with other areas and across functions