Principal Product Manager, EG Chatbot/Conversational AI Platform
As Expedia Group is building the world most intelligent travel platform, we intend to evolve our operations and technical architecture towards that of a true platform company that creates network effects by facilitating exchanges between customers and suppliers, a smart business powered by AI.
To help deliver these goals, we are looking for a commercially-minded and capable Principal Product Manager, to drive the effort of building a Centralized Conversational AI Platform (CCAIP) led by EG AI Labs, supporting various chatbots for all Expedia brands, divisions, and travel suppliers.
Are you passionate about the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love building creative, highly-scalable and expansible intelligent virtual travel agents from concept to platforms? Is bringing the world within reach through an AI empowered intelligent chatbot challenging and attractive to you?
In this role you will be responsible for owning and driving the vision and the commercial realization for the Centralized Conversational AI Platform (CCAIP) workstream.
What you’ll do:
- You will build a Conversational AI platform/chatbot strategy.
- You are a recognized leader with a bias to action.
- You can translate the EG -chatbot/Conversational AI platform strategy into a roadmap, that drives the development with the latest technology, innovation, and realizing market value, against short term and long term goals.
- You are responsible for the planning and execution throughout the platform lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the vision; and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure commercial realization and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- You can build strong and constructive working relationships to canvas and align alternative views into a single EG -Conversational AI platform and chatbots roadmap.
- You are adaptive and able to work through the conflicting requests, quick in making decisions based on the best interests of all EG, balance among time to market, serving each division properly, and deliver the work with engineering excellence.
- You pose good judgment in balancing between innovation and robust operation, able to optimize productivity and efficiency when working with the broader Technology, Data, Sales and Marketing teams.
Who you are:
- You have demonstrated growth mindset. You have the curiosity, humility and learning agility to continuously learn & grow from all experiences and feedback, constantly and enthusiastically looking for opportunities to grow and improve the business, and yourself.
- You welcome robust challenge and seek insights from others to improve your own learning and understanding.
- You are talented in strong relationship building, able to navigate through situations to ensure the most robust and pragmatic solutions.
- You have strong products and engineering background, efficient in developing a product plan, executing on it, and delivering commercial value to meet the market demand.
- You possess financial acumen and fully understand daily business performance, quick in getting to root cause, as well as build out financial models for new platform initiatives.
- You display an end-to-end solution thought leadership and partnership, known with the ability to resolve conflict and protect productivity.
- You are successful at influencing and working with diverse groups in divisional teams. You are skilled at canvassing opinions and alternative views. You are at ease with evaluating and making recommendations across competing and equally critical business needs.
- You demonstrated commercial results which balancing innovation and commercial realization, in time delivery to meet both short term, and long term goals.
- You are big picture focused whilst skilled at zeroing in on the product and engineering details and delivering continuous improvement.
- You have BS or BA degrees in Computer Science, engineering, and business field.
- You have 10+ years relevant experience.
- Product management experience in Expedia Group is desirable.
- Previous knowledge and experience in building chatbot and other AI solutions is a plus.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Passion for Results: Drive high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals; derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Compelling Communication and Influencing Skills: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key team leaders and members to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals.
- Analytical Abilities: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues; commit to an action plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria; enthusiastically and quickly make sense of complex issues; respond effectively to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Intuition for Business: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth; draws from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Build and Maintain High-Performing Organizations: Establish systems and processes to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented individuals; creating a work environment where people can realize their full potential; thus, allowing the organization to meet current and future business challenges.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.