Principal Product Manager - Search at ServiceNow
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Are you passionate about product management and relentless when it comes to delivering great outcomes for your customers? Do you sweat the details and thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment? ServiceNow is transforming the world of work via our digital workflows and enterprise cloud platform and we are looking for a Product Manager to join our Search team.
This is an opportunity to define consumer-like search experiences for complex use cases that touch millions of users each day. Your technical acumen, customer empathy and data analysis skills will help you thrive as an individual contributor as you work closely with engineering teams, product managers, and other stakeholders to shape the roadmap for enterprise search and execute on your vision.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work with product management, engineering, and design teams to formulate requirements for the enterprise search engine experience, including Machine Learning based relevancy, search intent (NLU), search analytics and more
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and execute a cross-team strategy to integrate new search solutions within ServiceNow’s architecture that solve key customer issues
- Define and prioritize a backlog of work including the creation of epics and user stories, and be data-driven in prioritizing features and quality improvements
- Work closely with the engineering teams to validate requirements execution
- Be the voice of the customer when evaluating day-to-day development decisions
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to produce go-to-market materials
- Work with User Learning (help files and documentation), Training, and Support and Professional Services to assure smooth uptake of new releases
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years’ experience with search engine technologies such as Solr or Elasticsearch and concepts including indexing, relevancy and full-text search options, search engine administration, geo-aware search and personalization
- 3+ years’ experience working with customers in Product, Sales, or Marketing capacity
- The ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
- The discipline to focus on high leverage activities, i.e., being good at saying “no” or “not now”
- Comfortable delivering product presentations to large audiences
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.