Principal Product Manager - Supply/Demand AI and Personalization
Are you passionate about the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love building highly-scalable, performing, innovative supply/demand market intelligence AI algorithms and products? Is revolutionizing the travel experience powered by AI attractive to you? Are you a self-starter, able to lead with business strategies and execute swiftly, with in-depth technical background, own deliverables end-to-end, feel at ease to prioritize workload effectively, have successful experience as a large scale product leader? Do you see yourself always working to improve, and thrive in a dynamic, challenging, and fun environment?
Expedia Group AI Labs is a newly created AI Center of Excellence for Expedia Group. We are building a scalable, high performance AI platform and deliver high impact AI solutions. We work closely together with our brands/BUs across Expedia Group. We are seeking a highly driven, talented, and experienced Principal Product Manager to lead the development of AI solutions for supply/demand market intelligence and personalization. In this role, reporting to the Head of Expedia Group AI Labs, VP Technology, you will be responsible for owning and driving the vision and the product realization of the EG AI supply/demand market intelligence and personalization through collaboration with multi-brands/BUs.
We work in start-up fashion, with flat org structure and refreshing culture – we value integrity, creativity, dedication, and positive energy within our team and across teams. We favor the best ideas/working solutions regardless your ranking/seniority. We create an industry unique environment for you to learn, grow, and extend your full potential in fast pace. Together, we bring AI fueled business value to our company, to our travelers, and partners,. We believe in Data Intelligence and AI innovation.
What you’ll do:
- You will build the strategy for supply/demand AI and personalization through understanding of the business needs and collaborating with multi-brands/BUs.
- You will define the requirements of market intelligence, personalization and translate it into a roadmap that drives the development with the latest technology, innovation, and realizing the market value, against short term and long term goals.
- You are responsible for the planning and execution throughout the platform lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the vision; and working closely with data scientists, engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure commercial realization and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- You constantly research the latest industry development in AI and engineering state of art development, and translate the business strategy into Product Requirement Description which drives engineering implementation.
- You will build strong and constructive working relationships to canvas and align alternative views into a single EG AI platform roadmap.
- You will work through the conflicting requests, quickly making decisions based on the best interests of all EG, balancing with time to market, serving each BU/partner properly, and delivering the work with engineering excellence.
- You will use your good judgement to balance between innovation and robust operation, optimizing productivity and efficiency when working with the broader Technology, Data, Sales and Marketing teams.
Who you are:
- You have MS, Ph.D., and/or BS degrees in Computer Science, Engineering, AI or other Science and Technology fields.
- You have 10+ years of relevant engineering and product management experience, including extensive hands-on data/AI/Cloud product development experience, with proven track record of successful delivery of large scale engineering products.Previous knowledge and experience in building AI/ML platform is a big plus.
- You have a demonstrated growth mindset. You have the curiosity, humility and learning agility to continuously learn & grow from all experiences and feedback, constantly and enthusiastically looking for opportunities to grow and improve the business, and yourself. You welcome robust challenge and seek insights from others to improve your own learning and understanding.
- You are talented in strong relationship building, able to navigate through situations to ensure the most robust and pragmatic solutions.
- You are an end-to-end solution thought leadership and partnership, known with the ability to resolve conflict and protect productivity.
- You are successful at influencing and working with diverse groups in multi-brands, multi-discipline teams. You are skilled at canvassing opinions and alternative views. You are at ease with evaluating and making recommendations across competing and equally critical business needs.
- You are Big picture focused whilst skilled at zeroing in on the product and engineering details and delivering continuous improvement.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.