Principal Product Manager - Tech at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery is looking for that rare product manager to lead our platform product strategy inside a fast-paced start-up environment while also building process and structure befitting a major corporate entity. It is a space with a great deal of opportunity to lead greenfield product strategy balanced by the need to drive discipline and long-term repeatability. This position will appeal to a person who is excited by ambiguity and new product development while yearning to help shape product management practices to reduce this ambiguity over time. This leader will want to roll up their sleeves and lead by example to shape a growing software engineering organization and the software products they are building.
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
To support these experiences, we are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network’s brands globally. The services are modern container-based micro-services operated on AWS, covering everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions. The device platform spans consoles, smart TVs, web, mobile phones, and tablets. This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery’s future.
1. We are looking for talented product managers to join our team in Bellevue.
2. The ideal candidate is already overseeing an ongoing product area of critical value to their business, setting goals, measuring progress, securing engineering commitments, and overseeing delivery through multiple iterations.
3. This leader will conduct the most complex business and technical analysis, prepare strategic documents, define new processes & best practices, and identify and define metrics to measure key performance indicators of the business.
4. This position manages other product managers, balancing coaching and mentoring with his/her own responsibilities.
5. The role is hands-on with a heavy individual contribution.
6. This position will be a key influencer in the team’s strategy and will oversee the team’s planning process.
* You have played a leading role in the delivery of a major product or feature launch.
* You have mastered the skill to balance your technical depth, product knowledge, business understanding, organizational and communication skills to ensure that the right decisions are made when and wherever you are involved. You have a long track record proving this.
* You are an effective communicator at all levels from engineers to executive leaders, and you are a role-model for describing all aspects of your product responsibilities to any stakeholder from junior engineers to executive stakeholders. Your portfolio of clear, concise written documentation corroborates this assessment.
* You are a subject matter expert in one or more speciality subjects that makes your knowledge sought after by engineering teams and business groups alike.
* You have demonstrated the ability to coach, mentoring, and manage other product managers to be more effective whilst maintaining your own personal workload. You have managed and mentored prior to this point. Your support makes other product managers more productive.
* You have participated in your team’s planning process and demonstrated the capacity to think strategically above and beyond the tactical responsibilities of quick feature delivery. You are able to help define goals for your department and build the metric reports that allow your team to measure progress against these goals.
* You work to define relevance and context for collected metrics, and to identify blind spots in our ability to measure outcomes due to gaps in reporting or collection. Your advice is sought from other teams on best practices and advice on data reporting and business monitoring.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Technical literacy including Knowledge of, and professional experience with most AWS services, and deeper knowledge of EC2, S3, Kinesis, CloudFront and CloudWatch.
* Data literacy including one or more of: SQL, R tool usage, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, and AWS Timestream. You are confident with data retrieval and its application to ongoing product strategy
* Subject matter expertise in one or more of: payment processor integrations, information security, GDPR controls, content management systems, or personalization & recommendations engines.
* Experience working on authentication and registration systems a plus
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.