Principal Product Manager at ServiceNow
This position reports to: Senior Director Product Management
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work with product management, engineering, and design team to formulate our vision and roadmap defining ServiceNow CMDB.
- Serve as an evangelist within Service Now Engineering and Field and be the go-to person to help solve customer questions, problems with CMDB.
- Maintain a firm grasp of customer problem with end-to-end visibility and understand what is required for ServiceNow to solve.
- Define and prioritize a backlog of work including the creation of epics and user stories using INVEST guidelines and be data-driven in prioritizing new features and improvements.
- Work with global 2000 customers to determine unmet needs, business goals, product usage, and refine ideas with concepts and product feedback.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and key customers to drive adoption and ensure new products are driving successful outcomes in ServiceNow offerings.
- Work with User Learning (help files and documentation), Training, and Support and Professional Services to assure smooth uptake and adoption.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience with data platform with a clear understanding of technical requirement as well customer value and outcome; Bonus points for experience w/ SN Data Platform or CMDB;
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, Consultant or technical Product Analyst in a commercial software product company
- Experience and success working with global field sales team
- The ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- The ability to make trade-off decisions, including a strong understanding of what is technically feasible
- Exceptional customer relationship skills
- The discipline to focus on high leverage activities, i.e., being good at saying "no" or "not now"
- Comfortable delivering product presentations to large audiences
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.