Principal Product Manager
The Principal Product Manager will take a lead role in extending Expedia Group’s payment and fraud offerings to power the needs of the travel industry.
Expedia Group Commerce Solutions (EGC) is part of Platform and Marketplaces . Our platform’s Payments and Fraud capabilities are best in class within the travel industry and power Expedia Group’s online travel brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, HomeAway, Orbitz, Egencia and Hotwire. EGC is charged with extending these capabilities to new verticals and use cases within the travel industry.
This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Expedia and eCommerce Platform teams. You will work collaboratively across Product, Technology, Operations and broader Expedia Group partners to build and execute our go-to-market sales and product delivery strategy.
Our purpose is to bring the world within reach. In order to accomplish that, we are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic business thinker, who is passionate about Expedia and the future of travel in addition to expanding our portfolio of services within the EG payments and fraud arena. You enjoy solving complex problems, work effectively with cross-functional teams and thrive in a constantly evolving setting. You have a strategic mindset and should be well versed in strategic business models and approaches. EGC Commercial Payments is a small and nimble new team within Platform and Marketplaces who actively seek out opportunities to advance the strategic objectives of Expedia’s businesses.
- Obsess about the customer and work backwards to determine product vision, strategy and roadmap of capabilities
- Work across cross-functional Product, Technology and Operations team to drive execution of world class products
- Dedicated attention to detail leading execution from envision of product through to deployment
- Meticulous handle of management and operational metrics to meet world class standards established by Expedia
- Catalyst of change that can influence the broader organization and community of EG leaders
- Analytical thinker who uses data and insights to drive decisions
- Collaborative leader who builds a constructive working culture across Product, Technology and Operations
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field required or MBA from a top-tier program preferred
- 5-10+ years with product, consulting, or technology experience in a corporate environment required
- Experience in defining, driving and shipping b2b products and services
- Knowledge and passion for Travel, e-Commerce and Payments
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain the respect of senior management and external executives and partners.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Passion for big challenges and a good sense of humor.
WHY JOIN US
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.