Product Manager, API & SDK
Hiya is revolutionizing the way people make and receive phone calls. We are one of the fastest growing mobile startups in the world. The phone dialer app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is changing this by working with mobile phone makers (like Samsung) and mobile carriers (like AT&T) to bring this innovation to more than 45 million monthly users in 196 countries. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest we have the backing from top investors in the US and Europe, and an exceptional diverse and skilled team.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager, located in Seattle, who will be responsible for improving and defining Hiya's APIs and SDKs functionality. We work with Mobile Carriers, OEMs, and other services in the telecommunication industry to provide them with access to Hiya's core value proposition around Caller Reputation, Caller ID, Directory Services, and Call Center Integration.
You'll work with a talented team of mobile and backend developers, other product managers, and our partners to understand the needs of the market and how to deliver on our strategy. You will participate in strategic planning, customer discovery, roadmap definition, sprint planning, user stories, documentation, and partner relations.
What we expect from you:
- Ability to listen to and empathize with third-party developers implementing our API and SDK, identify problems, and propose creative solutions.
- Have a successful track record in launching products to market, driving initiatives and features, from whiteboard to production.
- Understanding of building externally consumed RESTFul APIs
- Have an experience in using developer tools such as Postman, Charles Proxy, Android Studio and XCode for API/SDK demo purposes.
- Comfortable working with enterprise partners.
- Available for occasional travel to Europe and Asia.
- Collaborative team player - especially in a rapid start-up environment - with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Support for marketing and business development refining our value proposition
- Extra points for experience in building SDKs for Android and/or iOS
- Extra points for experience in creating documentation for external developers or partners
- A degree in computer science, or equivalent (in lieu of that, you spent enough years working this role that you deserve a degree on it).
What you should expect from us:
- Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team.
- Make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers.
- Many office perks and great company benefits.
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members.
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
This position is in Seattle at our amazing downtown offices. Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.