Product Manager II, Marketplace at Flexport
Are you looking for the opportunity to make an immediate impact on a global, trillion dollar industry? If so then Flexport might be the place for you. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier -and more efficient- for everyone. We are revolutionizing an industry that touches every person on Earth, every day. This means solving some of the world’s most complex challenges, while our company grows at a breakneck speed.
We’re looking for an organized, motivated and detail-oriented person to join the Product Management Marketplace team to lead quoting and pricing products. As part of the Marketplace team, you’ll contribute to projects that structure, manage and present all of the services offerings that Flexport provides - basically helping to build the internal infrastructure that will enable Flexport’s scale.
The ideal candidate brings strong business acumen and curiosity to a complex domain and strives to make the most intelligent products ever built in the industry. As Product Manager, you’ll need to drive alignment across a complex landscape with data and be open to learn from and teach industry veterans. You’ll get the chance to work on products that are both zero to one and maturing with thousands of users. You’ll also get a chance to be help shape the future of the Marketplace team.You will:
- Develop a customer-first product vision for improving the user experience of our quoting and pricing products
- Help to build strategic vision for quoting and pricing, and work backwards from this vision to create short and long-term roadmaps
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding the market and competitive landscape to solve real problems with technology
- Develop products that reduce the cognitive load on the user, and are simple and effective
- Dive into the data, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress
- Establish and continuously improve Flexport’s product processes
- Learn to work with and balance the needs of a diverse set of stakeholders across Flexport’s quoting and pricing products
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably within both startup and complex environments
- Demonstrated expertise quoting / pricing approaches, the ability to bring lessons learned and best practices to create a world-class vision
- Crystal clear written, spoken, and presentation skills, with a bias toward over-communication and inclusivity
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and ability to relentlessly prioritize and focus on key deliverables
- Experience crafting long term vision and quarterly roadmaps from market insights and customer research
- Ability to contribute to a highly complex set of products in a rapidly changing domain
- Business acumen with curiosity to learn and become an expert on a complex product
- Proven experience transforming independent products into a cohesive platform
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.