Product Manager - Tech IV at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Bellevue, WA, US, 98004
Req ID: 542
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery along with the rest of the media industry is undergoing a transformation to build unique experiences around the world-class non-scripted video content in form of Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) products on dozens of different platforms. They key to delivering dozens of products globally is a robust platform that serves as the foundation for building the products such as Discovery GO (18 US brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, HGTV, MotorTrend), Eurosport, GolfTV, DPlay, Discovery Plus and many others. This DTC platform will power the digital transformation of Discovery & enable the future of interactive & personalized video experiences for global audiences spanning 220 countries.
The Product leader of Content supply chain in the Global Direct-to-Consumer(DTC) platform will lead, the streamlining of content & metadata ingest across US & international partners through a centralized repository & through to the digital platforms. This person will focus on driving best practices for content & metadata management & driving efficiencies & reducing turnaround time from content licensing to it being available in a direct to consumer product. They should also be familiar with the content syndication needs & challenges across the ecosystem of affiliate partners to help drive the architecture & workflow across both DTC & affiliate distribution. They will also need to manage the ecosystem of partners in the content supply chain to drive the right decisions on where we partner & where we build in house solutions to drive an efficient content workflow.
An ideal candidate will bring the broad & deep industry connections and hands-on experience building media workflows to deliver a best in class content supply chain platform. They have demonstrated experience cultivating, nurturing and building a healthy ecosystem of partners in the media industry & delivering innovative solutions powered by a combination of platform & partners. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members.
1. Key areas of focus would be to establish a clearly articulated strategy for a Disocvery wide content & metadata supply chain platform incorporating in house & partner solutions
2. Collaborates with CMS, Ad Ops, Product, and shared Digital Platform teams to enable coherent and agile solutions that enable businesses to move forward rapidly.
3. Evaluate e2e media supply chain and drive initiatives that enables innovation in platform and streamlines content operations.
4. Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes that drive velocity, adaptability & results.
5. Help build, lead & mentor great teams to enable delivery of world-class media platforms that enable industry leading consumer products.
* You measure success in terms of performance & scale of your engineering solutions and not your team size and budget.
* You strive in a culture of innovation – always exploring ways to say yes and try out new ideas and living outside your comfort zone.
* You are comfortable handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Deep understanding of how culture and team dynamics create exceptional teams.
* 10+ years of professional experience building & enabling media platforms and launching software products and/or services with partners.
* 5+ years of experience managing successful product teams including hiring and performance management.
* Previous experience in transcoding & streaming technologies, video players, AI/ML for personalization preferred
* Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]