Senior Product Analyst, Digital Media at Expedia Group
Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144+ million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
We are looking for a Senior Product Analyst to support our rapidly growing advertising business. We have big goals and even bigger ideas that require passionate people to get us there. In this high impact role, you will support data insights across multiple media products. You will rely on your advanced SQL skills and analytical experience to craft relevant data sets that propel our media business supporting 10 global travel brands.
Do you thrive in complex data environments and enjoy piecing together pieces of a puzzle? We work in a number of today's technologies including AWS, Teradata and Hadoop while using skills in SQL, Excel and Tableau. You will partner closely with our product, sales and marketing teams to quickly and accurately produce actionable insights that support our business and revenues. Your work will enable you to acquire a holistic understanding of the Expedia Inc. business with expertise in online premium publishing. You will get to play in the companies' largest data sets to identify trends and insights that drive our media business forward.
Do you like being part of a growing global team and contributing your skills and experience to the overall strategy? You will have opportunities to collaborate with other data analysts, data engineers, business intelligence managers, yield managers and data scientists under the Analytics team for Media Solutions. You'll be able to execute on your ideas and influence the approach and direction of your work. We encourage risk-taking and value those challenges that enable us to be a world-class publisher of advertising in the trillion dollar travel industry.
This role is a full-time position working with the Sr. Analytics Manager, Media Solutions and is located at Expedia’s headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.Key Responsibilities:
- Provide authoritative knowledge of data pertaining to media and company products
- Partner with Data Engineering and Reporting teams to implement solutions
- Advance expertise in data manipulation that drives strategic initiatives
- Advance the speed of analysis by implementing process efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or business field such as Mathematics, Business Administration, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in data analysis and reporting in one or more of the following fields: digital advertising, e-commerce, and online travel
- Proven analytical skills to work through complex problems, manipulate and analyze large data sets, and produce actionable business insights
- Expert ability using Excel for data analysis, modeling and visualization
- Strong proficiency in extracting and manipulating data using SQL, with a solid focus on data integrity and accuracy
- Superb communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to collaborate with non-analytics partners to translate ambiguous business requirements into robust analysis
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and execute work with minimal direction or supervision
- Familiarity with A/B/N testing
- Excellent team collaboration skills with the ability to work in matrix organization and influence people
- Flexible and capable of handling multiple tasks in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Inquisitive nature with an aptitude to diagnose and tackle analytically complex business problems
- Experience in Qubole, Hadoop and Teradata is preferable
- Experience with querying large record sets on platforms such as Hadoop or S3
- Experience working with DFP (DoubleClick for Publishers) data sets and reports
- Experience with business intelligence reporting, dashboard, and analytics applications such as Tableau, QlikView, and Power BI
- Experience with sales CRM and workflow tools
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.