Senior Product Manager, Developer Experience at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:36 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, August 13, 2020
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
As Auth0 expands to meet the needs of more developers and modern application assembly technologies, our developer experience remains core to our strategy. You will guide the articulation, modernization, and delivery of our developer experiences.
This is a high-impact role where you’ll work closely with the Senior Director, Design, and engineering team, to spearhead the strategy and growth of all developer experience across Auth0. This role requires you to have strong empathy for and understanding of the intersection of business and technical challenges of our developer audiences, and to really know the use cases of Auth0 customers. You’ll work with key teams to shape new and increasingly delightful developer journeys and embrace new types of developers. You’ll be responsible for enhancing the Auth0 platform to support faster time-to-delight for developers with our Quickstart and SDK experiences and newer ways of quickly assembling applications. You’ll collaborate with other teams on low and no-code modalities, and connect application builders with adjacent vendors, open standards, and open source technologies. You’ll get to work with customers, developer evangelists, business development and partnerships, product marketing, product design, engineering, and alongside multiple teams to drive this initiative.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to have a huge impact in a hyper-growth startup in a rapidly growing Identity as a Service industry.
- Own the success of Auth0’s developer experiences for our customers, and drive our developer experience towards modern vision and fast time-to-delight
- Conduct product research and discovery with user researchers, design, and engineering teams internally and externally
- Guide and set our strategy, define the product roadmap, and make appropriate trade-offs between features, speed, and quality for the best customer outcomes
- Develop and test product hypotheses, working in a lean and iterative way
- Deliver incremental value to Auth0s customers by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analyses and informed judgments
- Work with cross-functional partners in Product Marketing and our field teams to enable successful developer experience launches
- Partner with Engineering and Design to define specs, requirements, and acceptance criteria for on-deck deliverables
- Create assets to guide product development work (framing documents, user story maps, opportunity canvases, epics and collaborate with engineering on user stories and planning for implementation)
- Be accountable for outcomes by setting clear objectives and key results on a quarterly basis, and reporting on them with clarity and brutal honesty
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have 4+ years of product management experience in a developer technology-focused business, and you understand code. Alternatively have 6+ years of technical developer relations and open source management, and direct experience as a developer on a broad range of modern application technologies
- Are independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results in a self-directed way. You like to get things done, and have a relentless focus on customer value as your key metric
- Have insatiable curiosity about new and modern development technologies and exhibit a strong desire to learn continuously
- Are a leader for collaborative, iterative product discovery, and embrace your role as a member of a highly-functional team with diverse perspectives
- Have a strong degree of technical fluency that allows you to communicate with and understand your target audience (developers), translating their needs into clear product strategy
- Exhibit great communication skills; you’ll probably be comfortable presenting to community, customers, and internal audiences alike
- Have used or familiarity with lightweight product development methods such as user story mapping and rapid prototyping
- Can travel domestically or internationally when required (15% or less, as and when the world gets back to normal)
- Bonus points if you have experience working in Identity or implementing identity solutions, or if you have solid experience working with remote teams
- #US; #CA; #AR; #GMT
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.