The FlexportOS team is responsible for delivering complete, timely, and accurate visibility data to drive Flexport’s internal and client offerings, as well as third-party products. The Flexport Visibility service will be the first launch of the newly announced FlexportOS, which is a platform that opens up Flexport APIs to the world and provides developers with utilities for building applications to support global trade. Be a part of the team helping to grow Flexport to be not only the top freight forwarder, but deliver a global operating system for trade.You will:
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap to make Flexport’s visibility offerings the best in the market
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and operations specialists to implement your product vision
- Become a domain expert: understand the market, competitive landscape, and how Flexport fits into it all
- Participate in research and user discovery with internal product teams and external partners
- At least 5 plus years of product management or relevant work experience
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, know how to set KPI’s, and can methodically ship products that move the needle
- Technical competence - you can discuss API’s and services with the engineering team (you don’t need to be able to code!)
- You are able to communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams
- A strong sense of ownership - you can work independently and lead a smoothly running product development team
- Executive presence: you can hold your own with our senior leadership team
- You care about team culture and want to help Flexport scale our organization by improving our processes
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.