Senior Product Manager, Supply Chain at Flexport
Senior Product Manager, Supply Chain
Build the platform that powers global trade
As a Senior Product Manager on our New Product Development team, you’ll help us build and scale innovative new e-commerce related logistics and supply chain products that simplify logistics for our clients and unlock the true potential of global trade. As part of the Office of the CEO, the New Product Development organization looks across the company, the ecommerce supply chain industry, and customers to find ‘the next big thing’ in global trade - then build it, and if it works, scale it.
You bring strong business judgement and curiosity to a complex domain and strive to make the most intelligent systems in the industry. You see ambiguity as an opportunity to think creatively and execute unconstrained with minimal direction or supervision. You are tenacious and unafraid to tackle big problems that haven’t been solved before. You are tech-aware and know how to build scrappy solutions to prove theories and learn, then scale them with tech. You love to engage and observe customers and use their feedback to inform your roadmap. You are incredibly well-versed at driving alignment across a complex landscape with data and facts, yet open to learn from and teach industry veterans.
- Work closely with our logistics partners and vendors to establish mutually beneficial business relationships and products that make 1+1=3 for our customers.
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a customer first roadmap to address the needs of our users.
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding Flexport’s systems and the trade landscape to solve real problems with technology.
- Get your hands dirty with data, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress.
- Write clear, detailed specs and aggressively unblock your team to enable them to execute.
- Be a strong voice for your team, communicating feature releases and managing expectations with stakeholders across the company.
You should have:
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, know how to set KPIs, and can methodically ship products that move the needle.
- Technical competence – you understand what it takes to build software systems and can make tradeoff decisions with engineers (you don’t need to be able to code).
- A strong sense of ownership - You drive the success of the business, collaborating effectively across the entire company to resolve dependencies and lift roadblocks. Passion, curiosity, and willingness to face challenges and solve problems.
- Great with data: you can run your own SQL queries and go deep in trying to understand the meaning behind the numbers.
- Embody the startup mindset: driven, bias towards action, move fast, make things happen.
- Great communication - You are able to communicate effectively, write clear product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams.
- Empathy for end users - partner with our Design team to craft intuitive workflows that enable our customers to do more and improve their satisfaction.
- Experience scaling in hyper growth mode.
- Bonus: You have worked on a logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise ecommerce or marketplace product
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.