Senior Product Manager
Do you want to lead UI innovation for an Expedia brand, at the heart of our customers' experience? Do you think you could make the process of booking a rental car incredibly easy? Do you admire insightful charts as much as you love intuitive design? If you answered yes to those questions then you will love Expedia's CarRentals product team. We are design scientists, running tests every day to make the car rental experience the best it can possibly be. We are looking for a creative, organized self-starter to lead the booking flow for our global family of car rental brands as a Senior Product Manager. Sound enticing?
In this role, you will drive the strategy for our user interface, from our home page to our confirmation page. You will be empowered to innovate, build, and measure the effectiveness of your ideas. You will manage our content team, and own the product roadmap for content solutions on our site. This role is cross-organizational and senior-facing - you will present your ideas to the CarRentals leadership team and own relationships between product and the business.
What You'll Do
You get to...
- Set our near-term and long-term UI strategy, which you will own
- Lead ideation around making our booking experience as great as possible for our customers
- Conduct business analysis, including competitor review, forecasting, feature valuation, budgeting, and reporting
- Solicit and consolidate product feedback from team members, supply partners, marketing partners, and customers
- Gather technical and business requirements and turn them into epics and stories that set the direction for engineering teams
- Research and promote new technologies and ways of thinking about the why and what of our web design
Who You Are
- A design thinker: you understand how to work with visual designers to build user interfaces that are simple and intuitive
- A technologist: you love working with engineers, data scientists, and data analysts to figure out exactly what customers want and how to build it for them
- A data geek: you delight in AB testing and proving your point with beautiful charts and statistics
- An agile communicator: you should be at ease presenting to technologists, analytics leaders, and business partners
- A product leader: you can mentor junior product managers on effective product management technique; and you have the experience to know when to apply tried and true techniques or try something new
- A forward-thinking pragmatist: you can lay out a UI vision while simultaneously balancing that against immediate needs facing our business
- BA/BS; MBA preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in product management
- Hands-on knowledge of travel ecommerce business is preferred
- Demonstrated success delivering technology products for consumers
- Hands-on experience using data and statistics to test business hypotheses
- Experience as someone who can prioritize well and influence across teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great project management and organizational skills
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.