We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
Zipwhip’s Communications Platform powers most major enterprises in North America that utilize SMS/MMS messaging for their business. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Director/Sr. Director of Platform Commercialization is a product leader who will be responsible for building a high performance team of Product Managers who will own the roadmap delivery of core systems and services that are critical to running the Zipwhip SaaS business. You will be instrumental in analyzing, operationalizing, and automating and continually optimizing all aspects of acquisition, onboarding, supporting, and upselling/cross-selling to our customer base. You and your team will work closely with all functional areas of the product including sales, finance, support, and customer success to ensure that the commercialization is efficient and effective. This is a strategic role, as the services and operations capabilities that your team deliver will be pivotal to enabling Zipwhip’s rapid growth.
Some of the services your team will own include:
- Customer SaaS portal – the SaaS portal allowing customers to access Zipwhip’s offerings, sign up for an account, manage users and divisions, manage payment methods, try/subscribe to various offerings from Zipwhip, etc.
- Foundational services – core services such as Subscriber Management, Service Catalog Management, Subscription Management, Metering, Billing
- Operations portals and tooling – a set of tools and operations portals that will enable marketing, sales, customers success, and support to better serve customer needs
- Operational Dashboards - a set of dashboards for Sales, Marketing and Executive leadership to get a view into the signup funnel, trial signups, subscriptions, churn rates, and revenue
- Onboarding – tools, APIs/SDKs, documentation, and processes to speed up onboarding of new customer and partner facing offerings on to the Zipwhip SaaS platform
- Reseller Integrations – integrating the Zipwhip operational systems platform with various external systems to enable commercialization via 3rd party business portals
What you’ll be working on:
- Work with other Product teams to create adequate interfaces that will be used by the commercialization systems and allow for effective monetization, reporting, metering, in-product upsell/cross-sell capabilities
- Work closely with Product/Engineering, Operations teams and strategic partners to create a platform-oriented solution to systematically commercialize all of Zipwhip’s solutions globally
- Develop a multi-year business plan/P&L in alignment with corporate goals; define product strategy, roadmap, target markets, pricing, sales & market strategies
- Drive product planning and agile requirements, own end-to-end product delivery and success
- Partner with BD and C-team to develop business development opportunities via alliances, partnerships and acquisitions
- Conduct regular data-driven business reviews for your product portfolio that analyze product execution and revenue/market accomplishments
- Decode vague priorities, manage conflicting tasks, and provide the day-to-day block/tackle leadership. You have the gravitas to present concepts, justification, challenges, and business outcomes to internal C-level audience and customer executives
- Accept accountability for getting results and creating business value. You must have the conviction to stand up for the user/customer while balancing needs of the business and if necessary, challenge stakeholders to clarify need and maintain focus
The skills you’ll need:
- 12+ years Product Management experience during which you have managed product managers and driven multiple PaaS/SaaS products from concept, to launch and revenue generation
- 3+ years working on internal systems focused on commercializing PaaS/SaaS offerings
- 3+ years Product Management that supported an ecosystem of 3rd party Developers
- Initiative/ownership using data-driven methods to get executive buy-in and drive towards measurable team, product & financial performance
- You care about diversity (in team, in products) and work to create a psychologically safe work environment for all employees
- You will lead through modeling and championing our DIRECT values of Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, and Trust- with customer centricity at the heart of all
- Abstract thinking with technical competence to guide tradeoffs on design, quality and delivery
- Proficiency in managing a P&L, pricing strategies and revenue optimization
- Thrive despite ambiguity, turning it into energy, clarity, and actionable work items for the team
- Excellent public speaking, pitching skills, and standards of communication especially to an executive persona and to customers
- Technical undergraduate degree
- MBA desired
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k match, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Dedication to employee wellbeing: free on-site (virtual currently) weekly yoga and meditation classes and other wellness offerings
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access (we can’t wait to get back to our office post COVID though have remote work options)
- Stipend for transportation (when commuting) and cell phone usage A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch (when in office) meeting hosted by our CEO
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.