Sr. Product Manager - Data Science & Algorithms
We are seeking a Senior product manager - Data Science and Algorithms to lead the efforts in defining and delivering a unified experience for scientists and engineers working on Machine Learning algorithms/products to significantly grow our business. You will have solid analytical skills and technical know-how to deliver processes and tools that help drive business growth via Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence algorithms. You will work with applied researchers/data scientists, product management, business stakeholders, engineering teams, and leadership teams across the organization to ensure timely project delivery. You will work in an agile framework and help improve the process continuously. You will also have opportunities to influence people and teams in the larger organization as part of your collaborative effort to deliver data science projects. You must have strong drive, attention to detail, a collaborative work style, and flexibility to adapt to new situations.
Role and Responsibility
- Work with applied researchers/data scientists and business leaders to develop a coherent and coordinated strategy to leverage data science algorithms/products in growing our business across Global Marketing Organization and Expedia Group
- Lead the development of the ML scientist experience (work flow / infrastructure) and interface with ML Platform Services offerings
- Set the strategy for improving and maintaining the day-to-day operations of all Applied Research algorithms/products
- Anticipate and product manage features for our data platform, that will help accelerate data science efforts
- Proactively identify and resolve operational issues that may impair the science team’s ability to meet goals
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Ensure coherent communication and pro-active information dissemination of all Applied Research algorithms/products across Global Marketing Organization and Expedia Group.
- 7 years+ of work experience
- 4+ years of software platform or SaaS product management experience
- Experience working with ML scientists, preferably in an eCommerce setting.
- Experience working on at least one of: distributed systems, big data systems, ML tools, or cloud services.
- Strong executive-level written and verbal communications
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Educational (and/or work) background in software engineering/computer science preferred
- Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with Machine Learning, streaming big data and back-end application infrastructure
- Demonstrated record of successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong strategic thinking and operational acumen
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.