Sr. Product Manager, Partner Apps at Hiya, Inc.
We believe that phone calls should be secure, engaging, void of fraud and robocalls. We believe the phone app is the most outdated app on your smartphone, that the phone network is the largest social network in the world and it lacks a trust and engagement layer. You should know who's calling you and why! You should get the calls that are relevant to you (at that time) and none of the ones that aren't. Hiya is building the modern layer for the phone call experience. We already serve nearly 100M users worldwide directly through our apps and in partnership with mobile device makers like Samsung and mobile carriers like AT&T. Are you ready to help us get the next 900M users?
We are hiring a Product Manager to shape and manage our partner experience apps. These include the AT&T Call Protect app on Android and iOS, our Samsung integration app, and more apps and innovation we are launching with other Carriers & OEMs around the world. It'll be your job to guide our team and partners to deliver the best user experience for consumers receiving and making calls. You'll report directly to the CTO and you'll work closely with executives, product managers, and our business development team on strategy and tactical planning.
As a product manager for our Partner Apps, you'll:
- Be the Product Owner, the Product Manager, and the Project Manager of the Partner Apps engineering team.
- Drive the development of products from strategy & concept to market & maintenance and you'll be ultimately responsible for the success of those products.
- Own the strategy to serve our OEM and Carrier partners' needs and their end-users/subscribers.
- Maintain an ongoing channel of communication with internal and external stakeholders (this role will require you to travel 6-8 times a year, in the US and also to Europe and Asia).
- Own the roadmap planning, one-pagers, functional specs, OKRs, sprint planning, and prioritization.
- Facilitate software engineers & other team members' access to the resources & information for them to do their job.
- Keep everyone focused on the team objectives to guarantee team velocity and alignment with company goals.
- Use data, where available, to make the best decisions for us and our partners, and when not available, use your intuition built upon your previous experiences.
You don't have to check all the boxes, but we think these are important requirements for this role:
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a product manager delivering mobile products, in iOS and Android.
- You have worked at a startup (< 500 employees) in the last 5 years or you believe you'll excel in a startup environment (high ambiguity, high urgency, fast-paced, low support structure).
- You are both analytical and creative at solving complex technology and user experience problems.
- You have exceptional English written and verbal communication skills (speaking a second language is a plus)
- You are comfortable working from product strategy to functional spec.
- You follow-through on initiatives, don't sacrifice the good for the great, are inclusive and decisive, and you can wear multiple hats to help us get the job done.
- You have a Computer Science (or equivalent) or an MBA (or equivalent) degree.
You'll be an important member of our team to help us serve 1B consumers and you'll have the exposure and experience to accelerate your career growth while making phone calls better for everyone.
Hiya is committed to diversity and inclusion and we desire to build a team with a variety of perspectives, identities, and professional experiences. It's our intention to evaluate each candidate exclusively in the merits of their skills, competencies, and contribution to the organization.
This position is based in Seattle on our beautiful waterfront office, right next to Pike Place Market (it doesn't get more iconic than this).