Sr. Product Manager
ExpediaSenior Product Manager, Payment Acceptance
At Expedia Group we are focused on bringing the world within reach. As a Senior Product Manager you will play a critical role in identifying new and innovative products and services for the travel industry
This position will lead the development of our Payment Acceptance APIs for Expedia partners. As a leader within the product team, the Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for the driving the long-term product vision and critical metrics for all payment APIs. This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Expedia and eCommerce Platform teams.
What you will do:
- Understand our customers needs and how they differ by segments
- Develop the north-star vision and strategy that will surpass customer expectations and drive adoption of our products and services
- Define KPIs/metrics to track success and measure performance
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps by prioritizing a set of capabilities and features
- Apply both qualitative and quantitative approaches to evaluating opportunities that inform the product vision
- Develop detailed, crisp requirements and user stories that can be used to build product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Work across cross-functional Sales, Marketing, Technology and Operations team to drive execution and adoption
- Meticulous handle of management and operational metrics to meet elite standards established by Expedia
- Actively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the business ability to meet strategic and technical goals.
- Dedicated attention to detail leading execution from envision of product through to deployment
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent required or MBA from a premier program preferred
- 5+ years of product experience
- At least 5 years’ experience leading product development with technical products/focus areas, product management, and/or program management.
- Experience in payments and FinTech (i.e. card acceptance, alternative forms of payment) and/or ecommerce products
- Experience building APIs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain the respect of senior management and external executives and partners.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Passion for big challenges and a good sense of humor.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We passionately strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with modesty and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.