Sr Product Manager at Expedia Group
Are you a proven product leader who wants to make a significant impact? Do you want to work on a dynamic, high-energy team that is changing the face of online travel? Are you passionate about helping people experience the world? Our purpose at Expedia Group is to bring the world within reach.
As the Customer Hub for the world’s largest online travel platform we are at the heart of doing just that. Our team’s mission is to know more about every traveler than any other travel company in the world. Our products are powering the future of travel – one that is more personal and connected. We are venturing on an exciting journey to leverage technology to understand our customers at the most granular level. We will use that intelligence to deliver a richer, more personalized experience - making a difference for our customers and our business. We are looking for a Sr Product Manager to lead us on this journey.What you will do:
- Use data, research, and judgement to craft our strategy and define and prioritize clear roadmaps
- Collaborate with engineering teams to evaluate technical options and deliver on our roadmap
- Drive product data analysis and establish performance measurements for the product
- Work across organizational boundaries to lead the planning, definition and delivery from product initiation through adoption
- Evangelize the value of customer insights across the organization. Market products internally, increase utilization and commercial benefits of products
- Enrich knowledge about customers through data processing using techniques such as AI and machine learning
- Deliver customer knowledge to multiple interaction points, enabling tailored and engaging experiences
- Drive evolution of “Affinity”, our product that matches customers intent and travel themes with affinities of destinations and properties
- Deliver exceptional experiences to our customers which motivate them to create accounts, sign-in, and be part of our community of travelers
- Stay ahead of account security and data protection laws through external research and close partnership with our risk and legal teams. Take the utmost care to protect our customer’s information from abuse and fraud
- 7+ years of product management experience, preferably ecommerce
- High level of initiative and desire to create an exceptional experience for our travelers and partners
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and a strong customer focus
- Demonstrated experience with product management standards, including turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); plus an ability to communicate clearly and concisely with executives across Expedia Group
- Ability to work across teams to drive execution against deadlines
- Previous experience with machine learning, streaming data, API product management, segmentation or personalization is preferred
- Experience with online travel preferred
- MBA preferred
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-MH2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.