Sr. Technical Product Manager - eIT at Expedia Group
Expedia, Inc. is revolutionizing travel through the power of technology, and the eIT (Enterprise IT) team is at the center of that mission. The eIT Systems and Authentication organization is looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager (TPM) to join the team. We build and support the corporate technology foundation that enable Expedians the ability to deliver world-class travel platforms. eIT is committed to building solutions with a core focus on our customers and products, rooted in self-service capabilities and cloud-based technologies. As a TPM you are critical to creating a safe and fun environment for the team to learn and deliver.
Do you have a passion helping to build high functioning organizations and world class infrastructure systems? Do you find it oddly satisfying to execute against technical roadmaps and deliver well executed products to customers to enhance their user experience? If so, we got a role for you!
We work with corporate IT tools for Authentication (AD, Okta, MFA), Server management & automation (DFS, Orchestration, SCCM, File services) and clients (Mac, Win, & Mobile)
You have a keen sense of team dynamics and how to continually tune and improve the team's process to keep things running optimally and improve on execution. This is coupled with an ability to understand the business value behind the work we do and can drive direction based on that value. You have success turning complex requirements into clear but comprehensive technical specifications.
Who You Are:
- You believe strongly in the idea of servant leadership
- Work with engineering to identify and articulate solution approach, sizing, and timeline for meeting product requirements that are specified by Product Management
- Works with Product Management and the Technical teams to defines story level acceptance criteria
- Creates the shortest possible feedback loop and adjusts the agile process accordingly
- Responsible for ensuring engineering testing is complete and story level acceptance criteria is met
- Partners with Product Manager on backlog prioritization & makes tradeoff decisions in product scope, features, timeline changes. Decides what will be done and what will NOT be done in the sprint
- Partners with Product Manager and Product/Tech Owner to coordinate deliverable schedule and timeline for product delivery, including coordinating product demonstrations with partners
- Responsible for transforming business requirements into technical requirements (stories), and story prioritization
- Ensures tech teams understand product vision as they design solutions
What You'll Do:
- You are the culmination of the above with the ability to work cross functionally with multiple teams to drive towards desired outcomes. You can help distill complex work into manageable bodies of work. You believe that the most effective teams own their own destiny and are empowered to accomplish their goals.
- You will excel at coaching, guiding, suggesting, and supporting the teams to achive their goals
- You are a natural leader at facilitating planning, retrospectives, and other meetings necessary to keep the team in sync
- You operate as a focus that allows collaboration with partner teams to identify future needs and prioritize development and delivery
- You have a strong record of developing a disciplined approach to improving team abilities and efficiency
- You will identify the metrics that matter and use them to drive team progress
- You are quick to actively identify and resolve potential roadblocks
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-DY1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.