Auth0 is growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
We are hiring for a new role in our Identity and Access Management (IAM) product domain, which sits at the core of Auth0 and is the engine that drives our business. This is an incredible opportunity to shape the future of Auth0’s directory services, which are the conduit for millions of user identities from renowned brands. Auth0’s subscribers include some of the largest companies in the world, each requiring the need for storing, updating, and referencing specialized and robust user and account data.
This is a high-impact role that requires you to understand how directories work not only in Auth0 but also in enterprise environments to have a comprehensive awareness of customer use-cases and integrations. You will determine how the Auth0 user model and directory should be designed and used, accounting for the scale and complexity of our customers across multiple verticals. Technical experience with directories, APIs, data synchronization, a fierce curiosity and strong collaboration skills are your keys to success.
We’re looking for a technically savvy product manager who can:
- Work with a team of talented developers to improve and handle customer requests for Auth0’s user model and search capabilities.
- Define a compelling strategy and iterative roadmap for Auth0’s directory services, including the underlying user model, how identity data is managed throughout the user lifecycle, and how Auth0 product teams and subscribers can best work with this data.
- Work directly with internal and customer's technical teams – developers, product managers, and architects – to understand the nuances and complex scenarios that warrant innovative features and creative solutions.
- Be the subject matter expert for directory services; working with other product teams and technical field teams to understand upcoming initiatives and the respective impact on how data is captured, updated, and synchronized in support of those initiatives; conduct competitive analysis and design innovative, differentiated approaches to managing user data; maintain a pulse on advancements and emerging industry trends and establish Auth0 at the forefront of modern directory services.
- Define and track SLOs, SLAs, KPIs and success metrics.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Strongly Preferred: Identity experience including administrator and developer working knowledge of any of Active Directory, LDAP, IDaaS, or other on premises or cloud user data stores; an understanding of authentication mechanisms and federated SSO technologies such as SAML and OIDC; and user data import/export mechanisms including use of standards-based protocols such as SCIM.
- Have 5+ years experience in a technical/engineering background or experience solving for directory integrations, provisioning, account data synchronization, etc. across cloud and hybrid environments.
- Have a degree of technical fluency that allows you to engage with and understand application developers and their needs.
- Have 3+ years of experience as a product manager or related role.
- Experience using developer tools/platforms.
- Think big and small; assemble a vision and the strategy/tactics to get there.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Are self-motivated and have experience working remotely.
- Can travel domestically or internationally when required (15% or less).
- Live in the United States or Canada; preferably in the EST timezone.
- You can learn more about our hiring process here.
- #US-E; (GMT-5);
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.