Technical Product Manager II
The Expedia Lodging Platform team is the business powerhouse for the Expedia Group and contributes the largest share of our company’s revenue. The Lodging Platform teams power two main lines of business, Lodging Shopping and Lodging Supply, and cover more than ten major Product areas. Our Lodging Platform operations are global, with representation in 8 countries and 17 offices. Our platforms are unique, supporting multiple Expedia Group brands - Brand Expedia Group; including Brand Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wotif and ebookers; and our sister brands Hotels.com, Expedia Affiliate Network, Trivago and most recently HomeAway.
This Technical Product Manager role will work in lodging supply supporting our partners through our cloud-based portal, Partner Central.
Our Partner Central teams have flexibility to make the technology choices that best provide customer value to partners and as the TPM of a team, you’ll be deeply involved with these choices.We organize for feature velocity, and continuous delivery. We work closely with user experience, product management, and data scientists to help our partners grow their business. You will be part of a team of TPMs that are passionate about their work and know what makes our partners successful.
If this is the type of challenge is what you are looking for, then come join us on the Partner Central team as our next Technical Product Manager.
What you will do:
- You will have the opportunity to lead complex projects and deliver simple, elegant solutions.
- You'll thrive in a global matrixed organization where you will contribute to our ongoing commitment to foster and cultivate a healthy, collaborative, and value-driven development environment.
- You will influence multiple groups with a strong bias for action by collecting product and business requirements.
- You will drive the development schedule from design to release, making appropriate trad-eoffs to optimize time-to-market, and clearly communicating goals.
- You will define roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional teams.
- You will own your product from inception to sustaining operations.
- You will lead your team using the best agile practices, always driving continuous improvement.
Who you are:
- You have led technical delivery and sustaining operations for global commerce platforms.
- 5 + years’ experience contributing to platforms serving global commerce. You are knowledgeable about common software industry practices and cloud-based platforms.
- 3+ years of technical product/program management experience with Agile practices.
- You learn your customer’s needs and effectively share what you learn.
- You demonstrate deep understanding of a customer’s domain, express concepts vividly, and give them relevance.
- You care deeply about agility, efficiency and velocity. You communicate and demonstrate behaviors that yield agile sustainable products, processes and teams.
- You have experience applying different product delivery methods and can explain when different methods suit different problems.
- You can optimize the productivity of people who do not share your locale or time zone by clearly communicating concepts, objectives, expectations and tasks.
- You recognize that ambiguity looks like opportunity.
- You can share experiences optimizing product and delivery practices using performance metrics from business and technology.
- You understand and value monitoring operational health and systems integrity.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.....
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.