Technical Product Manager II at Expedia Group
Expedia’s Cars Engineering team, seeks a highly motivated Technical Product Manager, level II, for its growing car rentals line of business. An ideal candidate would be someone who is willing to influence a growing product line, bring new offerings to market, and impact millions of rental-car customers. If this sounds like you, then this is the team to join!Position Summary
The Cars team is a full-stack engineering team that implements the shopping experience in the Cars-purchase path. We integrate with numerous other teams so communication skills and a commitment to resolve ambiguity is essential. We seek someone who is passionate about technology and who can empower customers on Expedia.com and other affiliated brands.Responsibilities:
- You'll deliver high-level project objectives into a comprehensive set of requirements by collaborating with product owners, and multiple engineering teams.
- Write detailed technical specifications in the form of agile stories that the engineering team will implement. This includes analyzing high-level requirements, resolving any unknowns, and bringing them to market.
- Plan/organize work, drive delivery by leading weekly story grooming and sprint-planning meetings.
- You will be a driving force of change. Embracing new and creative ideas, you'll find fulfillment by working with product counterparts, analysts, and engineers to define product features that will delight our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience as a software engineer or test engineer
- 3-5 years of experience working with technology teams on large scale ecommerce sites
- 2+ years as a TPM, technical lead, or equivalent role
- Demonstrated fluency in complex-requirements gathering and project management on multi-tier, web applications (from UI to backend)
- Fine attention to detail and a high bar to deliver quality products and features
- Passion for the customer experience
- Highly collaborative, and ability to manage pressure and ambiguity.