Technical Product Manager II
Expedia’s Cars Engineering team, seeks a highly motivated Technical Product Manager, level II, for its growing car rentals line of business. An ideal candidate would be someone who is willing to influence a growing product line, bring new offerings to market, and impact millions of rental-car customers. If this sounds like you, then this is the team to join!
The Cars team is a full-stack engineering team that implements the shopping experience in the Cars-purchase path. We integrate with numerous other teams so communication skills and a commitment to resolve ambiguity is essential. We seek someone who is passionate about technology and who can empower customers on Expedia.com and other affiliated brands.
- You'll deliver high-level project objectives into a comprehensive set of requirements by collaborating with product owners, and multiple engineering teams.
- Write detailed technical specifications in the form of agile stories that the engineering team will implement. This includes analyzing high-level requirements, resolving any unknowns, and bringing them to market.
- Plan/organize work, drive delivery by leading weekly story grooming and sprint-planning meetings.
- You will be a driving force of change. Embracing new and creative ideas, you'll find fulfillment by working with product counterparts, analysts, and engineers to define product features that will delight our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience as a software engineer or test engineer
- 3-5 years of experience working with technology teams on large scale ecommerce sites
- 2+ years as a TPM, technical lead, or equivalent role
- Demonstrated fluency in complex-requirements gathering and project management on multi-tier, web applications (from UI to backend)
- Fine attention to detail and a high bar to deliver quality products and features
- Passion for the customer experience
- Highly collaborative, and ability to manage pressure and ambiguity.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.