Technical Product Manager III (BI)
Expedia Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 131 million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
As part of Expedia, Inc.’s global Media Solutions team, the Technical Product Manager will be a key member of a consultative team who works with developers and business partners to drive the delivery of business intelligence (BI) solutions that improve business processes, surface actionable insights, and support executive decision-making.
Working in an Agile Scrum environment, you will need to have a technical BI background to guide business users in crafting solutions, translate requirements into user stories, and lead meetings to drive execution of key initiatives.
You should be a highly effective communicator with a strong desire to enable and guide the direction of a high-performing team. This role reports to Media Solutions’ Sr. Manager of Business Intelligence, and will serve as a critical team member in our premier media organization.
- You will oversee projects from inception to close, with superb planning and communication skills to establish timelines, prioritize work, and manage partner expectations.
- You will facilitate productive discussions to establish requirements and consider design alternatives with multi-functional teams.
- You will create user stories and clearly document requirements with a solid business understanding and strong attention to detail.
- You will lead all scrum team activities and manage related artifacts.
- You will drive process efficiency and on-time completion of roadmap items.
- You will remove blocking issues from day-to-day operations of the team.
- 5+ years in product management at a technology company.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Understanding and experience with relational and dimensional datasets, data warehouses, data mining, and ETL techniques to deliver BI solutions.
- Use SQL to analyze data and be able to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated record driving key initiatives and timelines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems.
- Proficiency with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Portfolio, and Confluence
- Agile Certified Professional and/or Certified Scrum Master.
- Background with Microsoft BI stack and aptitude to learn open source SQL engines such as Hive, Spark, and Presto.
- Experience working in an environment that analyzes large datasets on the AWS platform.
- Background in web analytics, online advertising, e-commerce, business measurement or a comparable reporting and analytics role.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.