Technical Product Manager III at Expedia Group
Expedia Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 131 million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
As part of Expedia, Inc.’s global Media Solutions team, the Technical Product Manager III will be a key member of a consultative team who works with developers and business partners to drive the delivery of business solutions that improve business processes, surface actionable insights, and support executive decision-making.
Working in an Agile Scrum environment, you will need to have a technical background to guide business users in crafting solutions, translate requirements into user stories, and lead meetings to drive execution of key initiatives.
You should be a highly effective communicator with a strong desire to enable and guide the direction of a high-performing team. This role reports to Media Solutions’ Sr. Manager of Business Intelligence, and will serve as a critical team member in our premier media organization.
What you’ll do:
- Own technical product delivery for multi-functional projects for multiple delivery teams while driving team velocity.
- Collaborate across UX teams, product teams, technical partners, development teams, and other groups to understand and document business requirements and design innovative technical solutions that create customer value.
- Lead communications and relationships with partners throughout the Expedia organization.
- Excellent project management skills, including active mitigation of risks to the plan, providing status updates, management of trade-offs to drive satisfactory completion of product/project, and facilitation of planning and governance activities with team(s).
- Seek and implement continuous improvements into all project processes, including defining the appropriate methodology to motivate teams and track progress.
- Cultivate a collaborative team environment, setting an example for other TPMs and delivery teams.
Who you are:
- At least 7+ years of experience as a Technical Product Manager and 5+ years in a technical domain
- Delivery of a minimum of 3-4 large, multi-functional products/projects
- Excellent interpersonal and interpersonal skills
- BI and big data knowledge a plus.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- You bring relevant experience building project plans, requirements specifications and performing data analysis
- Validated experience delivering production features with multi-functional partner teams
- Shown ability to bring together and turn business requirements into user stories, epics, and technical requirements and drive discussions among multiple business and technical teams to scope and schedule effort
- You have proven experience with CI/CD framework and related tools, cloud computing, traffic management, and analysis, project management tools, web technologies and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- You have demonstrated experience collaborating with Developers, Technical Product Managers, UX Designers, Product Managers and other team members from broad cross-sections of organizations
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.