Technical Product Manager at Expedia Group
The Marketing Analytics team designs tests, develops models, and produces insights to allocate capital, drive marketing strategy, and to improve experience and relevance to customers. If you're ready for your next challenge and want to innovate in a forward-thinking and cutting-edge team, we want to speak with you!
We are looking for a driven and independent Technical Product Manager to join our team. You’ll be responsible for facilitating intake of data product requests from Marketing Analytics and business partners, prioritization, and supporting their deployment and usage. You will work across the Analytics, Engineering, and Marketing teams to build consensus on our strategy and achieve agreement on clear plans to support our business goals. You’ll help motivate and communicate with multiple agile development teams to successfully deliver against these plans.
What you'll do:
- Gain deep understanding of Marketing data products, identify product gaps and generate new ideas that improve current workflows and ultimately drive growth to the business
- Track our cloud assets and work with technical teams to optimize usage
- Turn high-level project objectives into a comprehensive set of stories by leading intensive, multi-discipline, collaboration sessions
- Collaborate with analysts and software developers to identify feature details and elaborate user stories
- Effectively handle trade-offs between cost or schedule versus business benefit
- Work with developers, testers, technical teams, and operations during implementation to facilitate solutions to issues to get features released to production environments and drive problem resolution once the features has gone live
- Clearly communicate project updates, risks and issues to partners and senior management
Who you are:
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Prior experience managing software development projects
- Ability to translate ambiguous business needs into structured problems, and to develop well-founded solutions in a structured creative way
- High degree of competency with project management including: issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and accomplishments, and communication of overall project status
- Able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and sophisticated environment
- Experience with large scale, complex, multi-tier, web applications
- Shown ability to work with cross functional teams to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.